Hollywood Comes to Motown

Allan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this look like California to you?  Look at the layers of clothing!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, yeah. Maybe it is supposed to be winter in California or something? It does get a bit on the cool side in California during the wintertime.

Just back from the set during my lunch break. I missed the huge crash scene by 3 minutes, although I heard it as I was walking there. The boom rattled throughout downtown. As we approached the set (as close as we could get anyway) Scarlett Johansson and another actor walk right by us. I hardly recognized her because she had a large hooded jacket and a baseball cap on. The security guard clued us in. 2 minutes later, Ewan McGregor comes walking by us. Not to miss out on the photo opportunity twice in one day, I stopped him and asked for a photo. GOT IT!!! My buddy had an 8X10 photo of Ewan on the set 2 days ago and sharpie pen and got his autograph too. Get this, afterwards Scarlett walks by us again. Got the photo! They were both very nice and said they have enjoyed their stay here in Detroit. I'll be happy to share the photos if interested. To post them here requires too much work right now.

Also, they had two futuristic taxis on the street. No wheels on them whatsoever. Kind of "Star Wars-like".

- BR

When I was downtown today, they were filming a shooting scene of some sort. There was gunfire, and then this huge cloud of redish smoke. It was interesting to see. The security guard forbid me to take photos while they were filming though. I got some pics of the set before they were filming, however.

When I was downtown today, they were filming a shooting scene of some sort.  There was gunfire, and then this huge cloud of redish smoke.  It was interesting to see.  The security guard forbid me to take photos while they were filming though. I got some pics of the set before they were filming, however.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allan,

I took a photo of the red cloud as it blew out towards Woodward. I was on the 8th floor of the CPWR building taking photos of the Campus Martius when it happened. Amazing how loud the boom was and how much smoke it generated.

- BR

• 4 weeks later...

I think that there might be too much salt under the city for there to be a subway system.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Believe it or not, city employees have reported that there is a partially constructed subway system under the city, complete with an underground station near Campus Martius. Apparently construction started in 1927 but ended after the Depression hit. I've been trying to get more info on this, but haven't had any luck so far.

Even as recently as the late 1970s a subway was proposed for the city, but obviously all we ended up getting is the people mover loop.

Archived