Rosewood Condos

Norm2

See this on the UP Wiki: Rosewood Condos

I read in the newspaper this morning about new condos that are gonna be built on Providence and Sharon roads in Charlotte. I was impressed by how massive the building is, and the architecture is georgeous as well. Here is the link to the website to show you what the building will look like. http://www.rosewoodcondos.com/home.htm

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.rosewoodcondos.com

This is a very suprising project to me, I grew up between Providence Road Wendover and Sharon Rd, and When I saw this project it very much so suprised me, I was wondering what other people think about this project. I remember the gardens that were there and I rememember the acres of land that were there. This is on the corner of Sharon Amity and Providence Road, where the tallest building around that area is Colwick Towers at Cotswald Road. Heavy Residential is a very strange thing to be going up in this area.

wow, my first topic ever and it turns out it had been done before that makes me sad, lol. I'm glad that it hadn't gone unnoticed until now, because I've had thoughts about this project for a while.

biltmore junior? maybe we should call biltmore, rosewood jr. because 152 condos, with at least like 5-12 rooms each would be much more than 250 rooms of biltmore. I wonder if it'll have a winery and a horse barn.

gotta admit its gorgeous tho, I just hope the materials that are represented in the renderings will actually be in the project, My favourite part is the entrance that is very elegant looking. Unfortunately it always seems that renderings look better than the finished product, with exception of the new arena, they didn't lie at all I love it, though I might be in the minority

this is just personal opinion but I hate the inn at biltmore, I think it is really cheap looking, in respects to the biltmore estate. there are some resemblences between the inn and rosewood, however, I think rosewood is much nicer and much more how should I say elegent.

My favourite luxury condos in town are the ones on the corner of roswell and queens rd. west, I think those are gorgeous.

But anyways I am always suprised that nobody has mentioned anything about rosewood, on providence road and sharon amity, thats the one that keeps making me raise my eyebrows, and assume a confused look, what do y'all think about that building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drive by there on the weekends - looks like construction is moving forward. There's at least a big hole in the ground. I'll be curious how they handle that beautiful house on that property. I understand it will be moved elsewhere.

As far as the community, I haven't heard much about how sales are going (not that I would...). All their materials show this project as being aimed at the retiree set.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but this is a horrible looking project architectually from my opinion.

First of all, I have a feeling that most of it will be stucco....horrendous. Secondly, the the faux french design is an embarassing attempt to capture the Biltmore house (which itself is a an attempt to recreate the Chateau at Blois).

I was hoping this thing would be hidden by the large trees that were once of the property, but unfortunately it comes near both roads while addressing neither one......give me good urban design, or hide this monstrosity.

All that said, there will only be 90 units, of which 22 were sold as of May. Prices start at $490k, and go to just under $1.7M. 22 units will be over $1M........this will be a future nesting ground for the MP Bluehair....and the more common SP Bluehair.

I gotta agree with you atlrvr. NarmourWright has failed miserably on this one. This is where I have to give Furman credit. He doesn't try and go for historic classicism. He designs somewhat progressive structures. Even his older stuff like 400 Queens West uses history through materials, but doesn't try and copy it via stucco covered styrofoam.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but this is a horrible looking project architectually from my opinion.

First of all, I have a feeling that most of it will be stucco....horrendous.  Secondly, the the faux french design is an embarassing attempt to capture the Biltmore house (which itself is a an attempt to recreate the Chateau at Blois).

I was hoping this thing would be hidden by the large trees that were once of the property, but unfortunately it comes near both roads while addressing neither one......give me good urban design, or hide this monstrosity.

All that said, there will only be 90 units, of which 22 were sold as of May.  Prices start at $490k, and go to just under $1.7M.  22 units will be over $1M........this will be a future nesting ground for the MP Bluehair....and the more common SP Bluehair.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it will be stuco. artificial, too.

are you guys serious? STUCCO!?!

How the heck do they justify those prices on a stucco building? Is stone veneer really that much more expensive?

next, you'll be telling me they'll be putting a synthesizer instead of a steinway

rosewood2.jpg

Archived