Rosewood Condos

Norm2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While driving through this site, I was amazed at the size of this project. Even though it is all nicely done and looks-wise, it's not bad, I couldn't help but think back to Cinderella and the castle. While I can see this project attracting a mass exodus of new comers to Charlotte, and results indicate that they have just about sold out on the project, I still can't imagine why ANYONE would want to live right at that location.

Has anyone driven along Sharon Amity and Providence Rd. during the mornings and especially rush hour traffic time? You are practically STUCK there. I can't help but think all of those buyers wanting to leave to go somewhere, but end up stuck for 15 minutes just to get out. Then, because this project is located on the intersection of practically one of the busiest roads in Charlotte, you can't make a left out onto Providence Rd. without getting killed nor can you make a left out onto Sharon Amity. Basically, you'd either have to do a U-turn or go a full circle around and come back from Randolph Road. I'm sorry, but if I am buying into any home or condo, it better have two things: A) good amount of parking spaces not only for myself and my family but also for my friends and guests. B) a real solid solution to solve the traffic congestion issue and allow residents to come in and out of their residences easily.

Look at Courtside and Piedmont Row. Why haven't any of those units sold in what feels like a century? Because the parking and traffic congestion is terrible. Imagine trying to sleep at night, but can't because of all the cars moving all around you. And for Courtside, I still can't believe the gate to get into the parking deck is actually right on the edge of 6th street!!! Are they trying to get someone killed?

One thing that I've noticed when it comes to developers building these massive, attractive buildings is that they put so much emphasis on looks and presentation, but they poorly miss the mark on functionality, practibility, and definitely any emphasis on realizing that people who buy these units would like to invite friends and family over some time. Imagine not being able to invite you family from another state over during Thanksgiving and Christmas because you don't have ANY ROOM for them to park their cars. I know I'd be saying to them, " Hey mom, dad....make sure you fly in this year and every year because I don't have any parking space for you guys." How tragic....lol.

While driving through this site, I was amazed at the size of this project. Even though it is all nicely done and looks-wise, it's not bad, I couldn't help but think back to Cinderella and the castle. While I can see this project attracting a mass exodus of new comers to Charlotte, and results indicate that they have just about sold out on the project, I still can't imagine why ANYONE would want to live right at that location.

Has anyone driven along Sharon Amity and Providence Rd. during the mornings and especially rush hour traffic time? You are practically STUCK there. I can't help but think all of those buyers wanting to leave to go somewhere, but end up stuck for 15 minutes just to get out. Then, because this project is located on the intersection of practically one of the busiest roads in Charlotte, you can't make a left out onto Providence Rd. without getting killed nor can you make a left out onto Sharon Amity. Basically, you'd either have to do a U-turn or go a full circle around and come back from Randolph Road. I'm sorry, but if I am buying into any home or condo, it better have two things: A) good amount of parking spaces not only for myself and my family but also for my friends and guests. B) a real solid solution to solve the traffic congestion issue and allow residents to come in and out of their residences easily.

Look at Courtside and Piedmont Row. Why haven't any of those units sold in what feels like a century? Because the parking and traffic congestion is terrible. Imagine trying to sleep at night, but can't because of all the cars moving all around you. And for Courtside, I still can't believe the gate to get into the parking deck is actually right on the edge of 6th street!!! Are they trying to get someone killed?

One thing that I've noticed when it comes to developers building these massive, attractive buildings is that they put so much emphasis on looks and presentation, but they poorly miss the mark on functionality, practibility, and definitely any emphasis on realizing that people who buy these units would like to invite friends and family over some time. Imagine not being able to invite you family from another state over during Thanksgiving and Christmas because you don't have ANY ROOM for them to park their cars. I know I'd be saying to them, " Hey mom, dad....make sure you fly in this year and every year because I don't have any parking space for you guys." How tragic....lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally found the place when I was in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago. I thought the place was fantastic. There is nothing hidious about it. As far as fitting into the surrounding environment, I saw no problem. It added a little diversity uplift to the architecture in the area. What I really thought was ugly was the condo building across from the arena and the one on Mint and Tryon. Now, that is ugly. On the other hand, I thought the Avenue was gorgeous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived