700ft/55 story Nashville proposal **NEW**

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new here, so I'm learning as I go. I think Nashville is a real up and comer. This building would make quite a statement. Good for Nashville. I live in Chattanooga, but visit Nashville whenever possible. I have heard that there are other possible projects being planned.

Does anyone know anything about a combined office/hotel tower in the 35-45 (600ft) ballpark to go in the gulch... or the new Federal Courthouse tower in the 18-22 floor range. Also, I know there has been some more talk of late about a new 30+ floor (600 room) hotel to go with the proposed new convention center. Anybody have any news/rumors on these?

My favorite proposal of all is the baseball park on the river. That would be a great addition to the downtown.

Well, I don't know what the height of the courthouse will be, but its not supposed to be 20 stories. It should be over 10 considering the square footage and size of the lot to be built on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the update on everything. About the courthouse, I heard that the funding has been approved at something like $120 million. Also, I had heard that Michael Graves, who was selected for the project had fallen ill and (if I am correct) is partially paralyzed as a result. I wonder if that is slowing down the project any. Regardless, I know that he has a big firm, and I suspect that he directs more than draws these days. I wish him the very best on his road back.

I don't think the river would be the best place for the convention center, so I still hope the ballpark goes forward. Also, the big buildings are exciting, but I prefer hearing more about the creative infill projects around there (and really anywhere).

Sounds like a lot is happening up there.

Welcome to the forum MLBrumby.  I too like the proposal.  I guess this will finally end the unofficial height restrictions in Nashville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Glad I found this forum. I had wondered why all the buildings seemed to go no higher than apx 35 stories.

sounds very cool . . . Nashville has always been one of my favorite skylines, it proves size does not matter all the time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've always wanted downtown nashville to get a larger skyline. this new tower will hopefully be a stepping stone for bigger and better things to come. i'd really like to see downtown merge with the west end area, kinda like how atlanta has become.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, i just saw that in yesterday's paper. i can't wait for the viridian to be built. i was thinking about getting a single bedroom there, but it's still a bit pricey. i'm really hoping the signature tower will be built too. do you know if those two towers on west end are going to be built? i know there have been talks about it and they even have a sign with the illustrations on the site on west end.

Archived