Elections Predictions

PghUSA

I say Bush wins the popular but its razor close 50% 48% with Nader taking 2%

Swing State predictions:

Barely Blue (counting into the night with less then a 2-3% gap)

Pennsylvania

New Jersey

Minnesota

Hawaii

Maine

New Hampshire

Oregon

Barely Red (same as above)

Nevada

New Mexico

Florida

Ohio

Wisconsin

Iowa

Gonna be a tight race but I think George W. will win by a hair due to the Naderites

Intersted in hearing your opinions . . .

Also in the SENATE UPSET OF THE YEAR Keyes defeats Obama 50.2-49.8% . . . ok I'll stop drinking my Limbaugh CoolAid on that one :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerry wins with a landslide victory :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish. I honestly don't think I could stand another four years of W. There have been politicians that I've disliked in the past, but never have I hated any one of them as much as I hate W! I disagree with the President on nearly every point. I just plain can't stand him!

Fortunately for me, if Bush wins again, Canada is only 20 minutes away. :)

This election is going to be a mess. There are already problems with voter fraud, counterfeit ballots, and throwing ballots away. I had to vote absentee, since I can't drive an hour home, wait in line to vote for two hours, and then drive an hour back to Detroit. Yet I wonder...did my ballot actually make it? Or did someone steal it or "accidentally" throw it out?

A MESS?!?!

yep i've heard the same with lawsuits already being filed in some states (a week BEFORE the election!)

You know what would REALLY signal the end of the world MSNBC did a sample of how if you arrange the swing states 4 different ways Bush and Kerry . . . . TIE 269 to 269

The Republican House would choose the Prez and the Democratic? Senate would choose the Veep . . .

I'll race you to Canada then Allan lol

monsoon, the similarties with Vietnam are striking in some ways, I do not like the fact that we are getting "bogged down" and making decisions based on politics instead of just cleaning this up and letting go . . . but there is one MAJOR difference with this conflict and Vietnam and any visit to ground zero or the pentagon or 100 miles southeast of Pittsburgh will tell you, I realize that the Iraq conflict is a stretch but there are connections to terror there, I personally dont think Bush was right to hit Iraq when he did, but at this point thats a theortical argument, we need to fight to win in Iraq for a good few months and then get our boys out and get the Iraqis trained. I'm not one of the "red states" Americans and I don't think it does your argument justice to sterotype them all as people who love war--though I can see where your coming from on that point in that some don't think it critically through--I think a lot of people saw this as another "video game war" like '91 this is nation building it took us a good 15 years to do it in WWII and about 10 to do it in Korea, this needs to be managed well and we need to withdraw.

LOL, seeing as how I live only a 20 minute drive from the border, I think I'd beat you.  Unless I got caught up in customs for several hours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D At least we will know for sure who won and lost that race . . . might be better then twisting my mind around the intricacies of the presidential/electoral college that day :thumbsup:

I am really glad to read that some people are aware of all that crap that goes on the American gov. I say this because Bush's government has been really succesfull in convincing people, in scaring people. We are living the same world as the one described in George Orwell's 1984. We are living a world in which the government uses fear, fear towards this crazy concept of "terrorism" to control people. American citicens are brainwashed by this idea of terror-They might come and get us!!!-and tend to polarize everything into bad-evil. Really, Our ignorance is their power! I only write this because i have to go, but Bush's effects on the world are obviously worst than we can imagine.

Ruso :sick:

I am really glad to read that some people are aware of all that crap that goes on the American gov. I say this because Bush's government has been really succesfull in convincing people, in scaring people. We are living the same world as the one described in George Orwell's 1984.

FDR AND Truman helped save the dictorial genocidal Josef Stalin, it was to the point of Ruso that we had "invented" Saddam or really that Reagan had. George W. never strengthed Saddam FDR and Truman strengthed Stalin, Clinton strengthened Aristide, ask someone from Haiti how proud that makes them?

Again, as I said in the other post, equating what GW Bush has done in Iraq to FDR's actions during WWII demonstrates that you are totally ignorant of history and/or will support Bush no matter what he does.  This has to be one of the silliest justifications for Bush's attacking Iraq that I have ever heard. 

Some history for you. 

FDR did not perform an unprovoked attack upon Germany.  Open a history book or two and you will find that the following did occur. 

1. Germany U-Boats begin sinking American shipments to our ally Great Britain in 1940  You don't call this an attack?

2. The Axis Powers, Germany, Italy and Japan, sign the Tripartite Pact. 1940 Commonly known as the axis powers, attack one and you attack all. 

3. December 7 1941, Japan bombs Pearl Harbor in part with arms and supplys from Germany. 

4. December 8, 1941, In response, the US Congress, as required in the US Constitution before the US goes to war, declares war on the Empire of Japan. FDR does not do this. Germany is not mentioned. 

5. December 11, 1941 Germany DECLARES war on the USA.  Again, this disproves your theory that FDR invaded Germany unprovked.  In response, the USA declares war on Germany and Italy.

6. The threat to the USA was clear and obvious at this point, before the first bullet was fired.

It has been my observation that most people supporting wars are fairly ignorant on what has happened in the past.  This would seem to include or current president as we are repeating Germany's invasion of Poland or if you like, repeating the mistakes of Vietnam.  Or the Soviet's mistakes in Afghanistan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for supporting your statement on the other thread . . .

On point #5: Ossama bin Laden "declared" war on the U.S. during the Clinton presidency just as Germany did us WITHOUT an attack--and at the time it was believed without the ability to really attack us, again Germany NEVER launched any offensive against any US troops in world history and was thought incapable of it, Hitlers and Bin Ladens declaration of war were papertigers, Bin Ladens though turned out to be one with teeth.

On point #1 it is true that subs were attacking us SUPPLYING their ENEMY the British, we were big boys we knew we were entering a "war zone" and supplying a military in combat, thats what happens but FDR pushed it and forced the Germans to react, as right he should . . . I wonder if FDR would be just as aggresive in Iraq today?

On point #3 The Japanese did attack us but it was not NYC, not DC not my Pennsylvania they attacked the 1941 equivalent of the Phillipines (Hawaii could have very well become its own nation) and they attacked soliders and sailors on their military base with their weapons in hand not defenseless flight attendants and grandmothers and soccer dad's trying to save up for their kids college.

You are 100% factually correct in your statements monsoon but the three points I've mentioned above need to be considered when taking Iraq in context. You do contradict yourself when you accuse people who rush to war as being generally ignorant I can't say that never happens but FDR, Truman, even Clinton and Kerry were not hestitant (as Korea for Truman, Somalia for Clinton and voting for invasion for Kerry should have made them) when rushing off to war.

My only feeling on all of this, and yes it is very complex and nuianced, is what would FDR or Truman or Ike or Kennedy do today after 9/11 after some ambigous links to Iraq with terror, after conflicting and yes wrong intelligence on WMDs in Iraq, would the men that dropped atomic bombs, green lighted the largest massacre in human history (D-Day), or commit us to the blunder that was Bay of Pigs and continue our presence in Vietnam would those leaders who we look up to change our response to terror in any major way, or the invasion of Iraq. I don't see that, which begs the question who do we vote for as the "peace and prosperity" candidate, Kerry was in the YES column on invading--knowing full well it could be 2 weeks or 2 decades.

Archived