What is your city doing for Halloween

PghUSA

What are the best haunts in your city? Any special events being planned for your city?

For Pittsburgh its the harvest hayride at Hartwood Acres (a victorian mansion in the manner of Disney's Haunted Mansion in the north hills of the city surrounded by a forrested park, a park whos trees look like giant candy corn in fall colorings). Its an old time Halloween/August tradition here in the 'burgh, but interested in yours.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike U.S. cities, Australian cities only in the last 7-5 years nightclubs and particularly a gay club that still exists in Sydney "The Midnight Shift" (named after a 1970s Donna Summer track) that have been posting decorative spray-on webs with rubber spooky spiders etc. hanging from them nervous.gif

Otherwise, little kids in Primary School ie Junior School just dress up in Halloween costumes for fun....but they don't go out there for "Trick or Treat" for collecting candy, knocking on neigHbour's doors (neighbour with the "H" being the Aussie spelling).

It's also not an Australian tradition to cut 'n gouge pumpkins for Jack-O-Lanterns.

Adding to my previous post, last time I was in N.Y.C. I noticed a lot of adults in the street @ the the time of the U.S. celebrations of Halloween dressing in all types of garb...and they weren't particularly spooky.

I noticed one woman dressed up in a big gift-wrapped box, complete with a fully-tied ribbon around her flashy gift-box. She was dressed from the bottom of her neck to just below her thighs. She looked great. Maybe she had a really, really spookily Halloween costume underneath....to this day I/We'll never-ever know.

Most importantly I do hope that she and her friends accompanying her that I saw had a great night, hopefully to the very, very early morning hours - as you do ;) !!

Its just gonna be crazy here the streets of Waikiki starting tonight and especially tommorrow night will be filled with freaks and people in costumes everywhere! Halloween in Honolulu and Lahaina are the best in the state Lahaina's is like a Mardi Gras while Honolulu's is just party central and a freak show :P

Here are a few pics of last years gala in honolulu:

DSCN8321-vi.jpg

DSCN8313-vi.jpg

DSCN8285-vi.jpg

DSCN8291-vi.jpg

DSCN8296-vi.jpg

DSCN8304-vi.jpg

DSCN8310-vi.jpg

DSCN8320-vi.jpg

DSCN8322-vi.jpg

DSCN8324-vi.jpg

DSCN8327-vi.jpg

DSCN8328-vi.jpg

DSCN8338-vi.jpg

DSCN8343-vi.jpg

DSCN8344-vi.jpg

DSCN8347-vi.jpg

DSCN8348-vi.jpg

DSCN8349-vi.jpg

DSCN8350-vi.jpg

DSCN8355-vi.jpg

DSCN8359-vi.jpg

DSCN8360-vi.jpg

DSCN8365-vi.jpg

....AHEM

DSCN8366-vi.jpg

DSCN8375-vi.jpg

man, i went to honolulu this summer and it was awesome. all i can say is that the women down there are incredible. the parties and nightlife are sweet. on a side note, sandy beach made me humble to the power of the waves. something about being bent over backwards by water gives you a new appreciation. i'd love to be there right now for halloween.

^Ooh yeah sandy beach is notorious because of its shore breaks. Its very common for people to get injured there who are not familiar with that beach. =(

BTW halloween was absolutely rockin i had such a great time there were thousands of people crowding the streets all night long, its definately a must see for those who have never been but i'd wait til halloween falls back on a weekend again cause more people will go out i think next year it will fall on a weekday. :P

Here's a few from this weekend i didnt take these but they are from last night

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

...more to come eventually

Here are some others from last year!

DSC00934.JPG

DSC00906.JPG

DSC00923.JPG

http://www.rivimont.com/photo/halloween - IMAGES REMOVED AT COPYRIGHT HOLDER'S REQUEST

...ahh i love this city :D

Archived