Songs to Listen too.

M. Brown

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking Back Sunday, Greenday, Metallica, My Chemical Romance, Smashing Pumpkins, Brand New, Breaking Benjamin, some Nirvana, some Yellowcard.

I like alot of those same groups you just listed, but primarily these and alot of 90's rock groups, the ones that started that whole modern/punk rock era that still goes today. Alot of EMO, and some Indie...and classic rock.

I can't believe nobody has metioned Buffett!

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Dave, Breaking Benjamin is good, Crossfade (gotta support the boys from Columbia) metallica is cool someimtes, 311, maroon 5, hoobastank is decent- they will go down as a one hit wonder most likely though-- cake, the killers, audioslave, some soundgarden, alice in chains, james taylor, evanesence, alan jackson, clapton, the beatles, sting, godsmack, hootie and the blowfish, alittle Nirvana, some NIN but not much, RHCP, REM-classic stuff, not michael stipes's new b/s. and last but not least, i enjoy a good mozart sonata.

I generally hate rap, but that song by eminem- i think its called "ass like that"- is hilarious. He rips on all these pop stars, and he really hates on Triumph, which I find amusing considering the grammys last year.

'American Idiot' is a good song by Green Day, along with 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'

bands i like:

Slipknot, KoЯn, Metallica, Godsmack, Drowning Pool(back when they still had Dave Williams), Nirvana, Slayer, Linkin Park, Green Day, and a few more...

since i loved the band, and dave was a great guy, ill tell you a little about Drowning Pool... they only released one album with Dave before his sad death, Sinema... it sold tons of copies, mainly for one song, 'Bodies'... i loved that song so much i just memorized all of the lyrics by heart. anyone remember a guy screamin 'Let the bodies hit the floor!!!'? everybody loved that song, lol. so anyways they did a few videos and went touring... they went on the Ozzfest in august in '02.. but the bad thing is, that's when he died from heart failure (he was born with it).... his body was found in the dressing room by his bandmates -_-

davegood.jpg

I'm really not one to listen to much rap, but I do like the new song by Trick Daddy, "Let's Go"

I rather listen to Lil Jon's crunk-n-b beats because his scratchy voice gets on my nerves, much worse repeating the same verse four times in every song! Ugh! And Ciara's singing and the overplayed "Goodies" sucks. BOOO!

My favorite hip hop/rap songs of all time are: Slow Motion and Back That Azz Up by Juvenile, Regulate by Warren G, Friends by Whodini, California Love, Dear Mama, Keep Ya Head Up by 2pac, Nuthin but a G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, I Can Do Dat by Lil Flip (underground in the early years, you wouldn't know) and Outkast's The Way You Move, Roses, and So Fresh So Clean.

I also listen to R&B, with my favorites: R Kelly - Bump N Grind (Remix), Step In the Name of Love, Honey Love and Ignition, as well as the new song Happy People; Luther Vandross - Here and Now; Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You, Diary and Fallin; Musiq - Halfcrazy; Usher - Nice and Slow, U Got It Bad, Burn; and Boyz II Men - End of the Road, I'll Make Love to You, On Bended Knee. just to name a few. R&B used to be good until it started gettin gcookie cuttered today.

• 4 weeks later...

Some country is good. I used to be a strong opposer of country, but I dropped those efforts and became a strong opposer to rap. :D I used to listen to nothing but rap way back when, but then when GC first came out I got into them and that led to more rock bands...then to metal...and the story from there is just...yeah. Now, I hate GC and anything that sounds like them (ie., New Found Glory, Simple Plan, etc).

Here are my favorite bands:

EVANESCENCE (love them to death); Nightwish; Within Temptation; Beloved (support live music, Beloved's last show is in Winston-Salem at the Millenium Center...if you've never heard them check out www.belovedrock.com, great underground emocore band); Katatonia; After Forever; Mortal Love, Nirvana, Metallica, KISS, My Ruin, Dream Theater, The Toadies, The Cure, Crossfade, Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot (occasionally), Korn (Evanescence did a cover of "Thoughtless", it's great), NIN (only one song really and only for one reason), No Doubt, Sublime, Save Ferris, and there are so many more...I can't name them.

My musical tastes are rather diverse...I stick mostly to the Gothic Metal genre (Nightwish, Within Temptation, and the likes) but I will occasionally give a listen to mainstream rock (well, my favorite band is mainstream rock) and some country. No rap. At all.

Archived