Musicians on UrbanPlanet

M. Brown

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Josita!  I absolutely love symphonies.  I've always wanted to learn violin but never went and bought one.  For years I wanted a cello, still wouldn't mind having one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Neo .. yeah .. I always think that symphonies are unpopular, but it is surprising to me how many people really do love symphony music!

Right now I don't have a piano, but it is high on the list of purchases when I have a real job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto on that one .. I had the opportunity to buy a piano at a thrift store for $300! Yes .. $300! .. It was in great shape and had great tone and all it needed was a good tuning. I kick myself everyday that I didn't buy that piano :( . I was living in a small apartment with two other women and thought that it would never make the sharp turn up the flight of stairs .. but I should of bought it and hate myself for not .. but that is definitely on my list of purchases once i graduate and get a real job.

Oui!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a WMA file! :(

$300?! Thats insane. Although, I did buy a saxophone from a thrift shop once upon a time. It wasn't in the best shape, but a little fixing up and I had a fantastic alto... and it only cost me $80. Thrift stores are the way to go.

It is a WMA file! :(

$300?! Thats insane. Although, I did buy a saxophone from a thrift shop once upon a time. It wasn't in the best shape, but a little fixing up and I had a fantastic alto... and it only cost me $80. Thrift stores are the way to go.

Good LORD! How long is that thing? A 128kbps encoded WMA file ~4 minutes long should be no more than say 3MB. Is this an entire concert or what? :blink:

The file above is called Sambanice and was recorded at Two Stick bar in Nettleton, MS in the fall of 2003. The song itself was an encore to the full concert. You can tell we were all tired b/c of many split notes, etc. Anyway, Charlie Miles is the trumpet player, Matt Wyatt (I incorrectly posted his name earlier! ) is on bass, Jeff Cohlbern on drums, his wife Alice on alto sax, and Mark Dickerson on trombone. They are better known around the Ontario area as Trinity. Joining them were Andrew Bonner, bari sax, Chad Spires, trombone, Joe Sanchez, trumpet, and yours truly on tenor sax from the Mississippians Jazz ensemble. It was a fun night, and I hope you enjoy the recording. Jeff and I play around on the solo btw. He's a mad good drummer. :)

edit: Thanks to Neo for hosting the file for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived