M. Brown

Manchester Pics

Wow, more great pics of Manchester, i saw plans for a new city hall tower that would go right next to the other one, ithink it either 14 or 16 stories, and there is also another tower going in near an old stadium i saw it on the news about a week ago.

Another tower going next to city hall. WOW. Where did you hear this? And I think you are talking about the new hotel going next to the stadium.

Taken from NHfishercats website

stadiumhotel2.jpg

stadiumhotel1.jpg

Give me some more info on this other new tower you were talking about. I'm very interested.

I got it when i was looking under images, i havnt been able to find it again but i will look, that hotel is great looking it will be a great addition to the area, does either the hampshire plaza or city hall plaza have a like a viewing deck cuz im going there on monday and if they do i want to go to them.

That must be real old because that's where the City Hall Plaza Tower is. Its the tall red building.

Edited by M. Brown

^Thats probably why. But I can tell you that Bradly Sullivan is trying to get some zoning laws altered to put up another possible tower next to the current Bradly Sullivan tower. The Bradly Sullivan tower is the old New Hampshire Tower. Bradly Sullivan bought it.

That baseball stadium looks pretty killer!

I hope it doesn't take away too many of the loyal Sea Dog's fans from New Hampshire.

What major league franchise are the FisherCats affiliated with?

Sweet. Ya know, amazingly, I've never been to Manchester...(and I lived in New England for 23 years!) :blink: I have to get up there and check it out one of these days. Looks like a great city.

It wont take me away from the Sea Dogs, i am in portland alot , and plus i dont think this team will effect the seacoast area, are hub is Portsmouth were i live, so until portsmouth gets a team ill probably split my faith between the New Hampshire team and The Portland team, but i definitly prefer the Monarchs over the Pirates.

Hadlock field for the Portland Sea Dogs in Maine is pretty neat, although they tried to make it have a "green monster" but it looks ridicuolous! It looks so unproportional with the tiny stadium. Their are barley ever any fans and its quite boring. Hopefully Manchester will have many fans to attend that great looking ballpark for the Fisher Cats. Wow Manchester is gonna look nice with that.

Edited by PortlandME

Hadlock field for the Portland Sea Dogs in Maine is pretty neat, although they tried to make it have a "green monster" but it looks ridicuolous! It looks so unproportional with the tiny stadium. There are barley ever any fans and its quite boring. Hopefully Manchester will have many fans to attend that great looking ballpark for the Fisher Cats. Wow Manchester is gonna look nice with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Stands up to defend Hadlock field)

Last year, Portland finished 5th among 30 Double-A teams in total attendance (behind Round Rock, Frisco, Akron and Reading). It is currently the 5th largest park in the Eastern League, with 6,975 places to sit. The new stadium in Manchester will hold 6,500. Last year, the average attendnace was 6,231. (About 10% of the total population of Portland :thumbsup: ) Out of the 176 minor league teams in affiliated baseball, the Sea Dogs will finish 26th in total attendance.

Any maybe the games aren't that excting, but there are tons of things going on besides the baseball game. I go to watch baseball, but many focus their attention on all of the side shows going on with the mascots, promotional things, garbage monsters, that coke selling rocket man, trivia, the center field lighthouse, speed pitch, and whatnot.

Also, The AA all star game will be held at Hadlock Field on July 13, 2005.

But besides that, I really have nothing against Manchester or their baseball team and new stadium. From what I've seen in this picture thread, it looks like a classy town and I would love to visit Manch someday.

That reminds me that I should probably go to some FisherCats games this year. I'm glad we're starting to attract a lot of minor league teams to NH now. Hockey, baseball, arena football, I wonder what is next...

arena football

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're getting arena football? We were talking about that in the Providence forum recently. There was an article in the Globe the other day about a group try to get a team in Boston. They were trying to get Flutie on board. Boston is the only major TV market that doesn't have a team.

I didn't know that arena football had become so popular. I do recall Bon Jovi owning a team however. Just don't try a roller hockey team, Portland had one in like the early 90s and they probably got about 200 people to come for the whole season (or however long they played before leaving town) One of my friends went to a game with his family and he recalls being able to just slightly raise his voice to talk to the half dozen people sitting on the other side of the arena. :P

I didn't know that arena football had become so popular. I do recall Bon Jovi owning a team however. Just don't try a roller hockey team, Portland had one in like the early 90s and they probably got about 200 people to come for the whole season (or however long they played before leaving town) One of my friends went to a game with his family and he recalls being able to just slightly raise his voice to talk to the half dozen people sitting on the other side of the arena:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha.... It's the same way at hadlock field...you can hear a pin drop...People are to boring and quiet in Maine. lol iv'e yet to say anything good about Maine.....How about the waterfront is nice. There we go.