• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Charlotte's History

very nice!

Didn't know Charlotte had the first public library for blacks in the state, thats a very nice read!

OK lets try to get a little more action in this place lol. How many other southern cities have similar histories as Charlotte does? What I think is unique about Charlotte, is that our street grid uptown is tilted at 45 degrees and that the rest of our roads are f'd up lol.

The same thing irks me. Sometimes the spaghetti roads are fun to drive, but more times than not I just wish we were in the midwest and all of our roads were gridded for the most part.

the one thing interesting about our roads is that at least they go in a circle around the city. That is very unique. how many other American cities can say that?