Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

Still hope for John Kerry

16 posts in this topic

This could end up as an exact reverse situation from what happened in 2000. In 2000,Gore won the popular vote and at first won Florida which would have won him the election. This time Bush receives the popular vote and Ohio as claimed as a Bush victory by the white house yet over 250,000 provisional ballots have yet to be counted and the difference between the counted votes so far is 136,000 votes. The electoral vote so far is

Bush - 254

Kerry - 252

who ever wins Ohio will win the election. Thats right...if Kerry wins Ohio, that would put him at 272. 270 is need to win the election. Who ever wins, this will still end up being a bitter election. If John Kerry wins, Bush supporters will feel exactly the way democrats felt in 2000. They question is, where are the provisional ballots coming from? Are most from across seas? Are most from heavily democratic counties were there are alot of minorities? I guess we'll wait to see. but by law, the provisional ballots won't be counted until after 10 days. It will be at least 10 to 11 days before we find out the true out come. This is like 2000 all over again.

me too. I dont understand the support for Bush after all thats happened. Its like the events that are taking place that are ruining our country dont even matter. Its like people are under some kind of spell. :unsure: But many republicans might not think so highly of Bush once the draft is reinstated and Bush sends the sons and maybe even daughters of thousands of republicans and democrats over seas. A number of states had a strong showing for Bush because of the gay marriage issue but I guess many don't see that that was a political ploy by republicans. All Bush had to do was say I support a federal ban on gay marriage and people and the brings out the conservative christian vote. Bush could really care less about the gay marriage issue in reality.

I dont see how the ppl can look over the bad things that happened when he was office. It matters alot to me that dick cheezy was against MLK day as a holiday too. It also bothers me that they are putting lawyers in the predominatly black neighborhoods to scare them off had to try and get there vote not counted or what every they are doing. Im black and I dont want anybody doing that to me. I think if you took the gay marriage and terrorism issues out the picture, there would be no way Bush would get re-elected.

There was one case that was shown on television where there were two african-americans at the voting both. It was a daughter helping her mother "understand" how to vote for the person she supported which was obviously John Kerry. One of the lawyers came over and told the daughter that she could not help her mother.This happened in Florida. When I went to the polls, they allowed multiple people to go to the booths because it can be difficult to some people how to make their votes on those machines. Now I dont know if laws vary from state to state but it wasnt an issue in NC.

I think people wont realize what a mistake they made in supporting Bush until its too late. I think when people realize that this Iraq mess will eventually lead to the draft then its going to really hit home when their loved ones are drafted over there. I strongly believe a political ploy by the Bush Adminstration on the gay marriage issue is the reason many are supporting Bush. Many are saying that issue was more important than the bad economy and the Iraq mess and thats exactly what Bush wanted which to distract people from the real issues at hand. I think this divided nation really began with the Clinton impeachment. Up until that point, the nation was overwelming united behind Bill Clinton The only way republicans could gain control of the whitehouse was to create a rift bewteen the supporters of Clinton. Dividing the country was the only way to accomplish this "born again christians" would end up supporting Bush in 2000 because of Clinton's moral disgrace in the oval office. I still believe in my heart that Clinton was set up. Clinton just m ade the mistake of falling for it.

I dont even think Bush is a born again christian...AND IM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN. I Bush is just sayin that just to get ppl like me to vote for him. It didnt work for me but it worked for everybody for my church which is a real shame. But the vote for the ppl at my church didnt matter that much cuz Kerry still won NH :)

Yea, Bush was the one in which whitehouse staff said they hear him use the "F" word and Jesus in the same sentence. Then there is the little video of him sticking his middle finger up to the camera.

Hopefully more people from New York and New Jersey will migrate to Charlotte, the Triangle and the Triad areas in NC. That would change the political make up of NC

OH MY GOODNESS. WHERE COULD A GET THIS VIDEO SO I CAN SHOW IT TO MY CHURCH

Bush - 254

Kerry - 252

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think its interesting that it varies with with channel you are watching.

CNN- Bush 254 Kerry 252

FOX- Bush 269 Kerry 242

MSNBC- Bush 269 Kerry 238

CBS- Bush 254 Kerry 242

ABC- Bush 254 Kerry 242

I hear that the Ohio votes won't be completely counted for 10 days becuase of the absentee votes and provisional votes.

But many republicans might not think so highly of Bush once the draft is reinstated and Bush sends the sons and maybe even daughters of thousands of republicans and democrats over seas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might be interested to know that only two members of Congress, Pete Stark (D-CA) and John Murtha (D-PA), voted in favor of that bill. That means that none of the people that sponsored it even voted for it.

I dont see how the ppl can look over the bad things that happened when he was office.

It also bothers me that they are putting lawyers in the predominatly black neighborhoods to scare them off had to try and get there vote not counted or what every they are doing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Bush has done well considering the major events that have taken place while he is in office- Sept 11, an already decreasing economy, the space shuttle crash, stem cells, you name it. Events such as these were handled well in my opinion.

Democrats and Republicans put lawyers in many precincts to make sure that people weren't cheating, not to intimidate people. I can't say that some intimidation didnit happen for sure, but you make it sound like it was a common event accross the country.

I just think Bush has us on a path that will have to reienstate the draft weither we want to or not. Its not going to happen during an election year for one thing. But the "go it alone" strategy is leading us there.

I just cant see that happening. Congress has to approve a draft bill with a 2/3 majority, then the president has to sign it. I just can't see this bill ever seeing the light of day again.

we may have no choice but to call the draft unless Bush does what he says he isnt going to do which is pull out without resolve and allow total chaos in the middle east. No one wants to call the draft but because of Bush's policies with Iraq, it will happen. Training the Iraqi troops to protect their own country is doing no good because they're getting slaughtered. I believe with Kerry leadership and a fresh start, UN nations would likely help out and share the burden so we can end this mess and not have to even think about a draft.

I guess only time will tell whether or not the draft becomes a reality or not. I voted for Bush and I trust there will be no draft. I'm not alone in thinking this but I know there are many that think the draft will become a reality. We'll just have to wait and see which people were wrong.

Actually, I don't think there is much hope for Kerry anymore. Most news sources are running a story that he Conceded to Bush and has a 1pm news conference scheduled, followed by a 3pm Bush news conference.