Best TV News in Columbia

Spartan

Who has the best evening news in Columbia?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best evening news in Columbia?

• Channel 10 WIS - NBC
    • Channel 19 WLTX - CBS
    • Channel 25 WOLO - ABC
    • Channel 57 WACH - FOX

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

There was an article in the State last week about the local TV news. Some interesting tidbits

* Scott Hawkins morning anchor on WIS is leaving end of March

* Ken Aucion morning metorologist on WIS is leaving end of May

* WACH Fox news is extending its 10 p.m. news to an hour

* WACH Fox news plans a morning newscast to start in the spring

* WLTX is adding an hourlong newscast at 5 P.M. in addition to their news at 6 and 7.

I could care less about the WIS guys leaving. I am sure they are very good at what they do, but I am not a WIS fan. WACH is ok, but doesn't really cover the range of stories that that the other stations carry, so it will be interesting to see how they do with morning news. Glad WLTX is adding news at 5, it will give people something else to watch at 5 instead instead of Live at 5 on WIS. And poor WOLO, I am suprrised they are even operating. They pull in extremely low ratings from what I understand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have become a WLTX fan because they don't do too much "silly." They report more total stories and more local stories than WIS. And I'm so over Heather. ***shudder***

When Susan Aude was on WIS I watched all the time. She was a class act.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First of all... You guys are trippin'. :)

Secondly... Anybody else find themselves growing weary of WIS News lately? I'm pretty much over it. Used to not miss it at 11. Can't really explain it other than the anchor dynamics and reporting style have changed... not that any of the other stations are any better. It's just not moving in a good direction, IMO. I should add that I only watch at 11 and (sometimes) 7.

Archived