New condo/publix project renderings

tm68

I think incentives for the Publix store was a good idea. Right now that area needs Publix more than the store needs it. This project will fill one of the real needs of Orlando's growing urban community. With that being said, if the city was willing to wait another 5 years or so, Publix would have most likely came on their on.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the banner of the construstion site of the Premierre Trade Plaza, it also indicates that there is grocery store....

When the Plaza and the esplanade and church street station in full swing, the CBD area will be the shopping distrcit and this will extend to Wall Street Plaza/ Heritage Square Area.

When Cameron Kuhn's JCPenny Block 500000 sq ft retails open, the shoppign district will then continue to the "pizzuti block" then we will have the "midtown project" to connect it all the way to Colonial Dr.

And I figure all these would be complete around 2010, by then, i will be 31 yo and hopefully still young enough to enjoy these.

Btw, a friend of mine who is in the travel show of Lion King told me that Orlando booked the show in 2007. The reason that the show never came her is because the Bob Carr is too small to put the entire sets in there. So, would this move means that we will have a new PAC by 2007?

I think downtown can only handle one urban grocery store right now, and Thornton Park is the right place for it. I'd be surprised if the Plaza actually gets one, I don't see that happening right now. They should be focusing on retail/restaurant, because more than anything this block needs to be a destination for both downtowners and tourists alike (Main and Main afterall). Although much different in scale, that would be like putting a Publix at the corner of 42nd and Broadway.

On the banner of the construstion site of the Premierre Trade Plaza, it also indicates that there is grocery store....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the Plaza was supposed to have a movie theater (something like 12 screens). Are they planning on having both a theater and a grocery store, or did they drop plans for a theater? I really hope they haven't dropped plans for a theater. I'm really excited about there being both a theater and a grocery store right in the heart of downtown (particularly if they're uniquely urban, which will help to even further differentiate downtown from the burbs). A grocery store is a necessity of life and a movie theater is good cheap entertainment (if by some chance I can afford one of these condos downtown in a few years, I'll need more affordable entertainment than Magic games).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In a piece I received regarding the condo development @ the Plaza it says "Neighborhood market". Maybe that is a scaled down grocery store?

As far as the cineplex goes, I hope that comes through along with a good sized urban grocery to serve the various residential areas on the east side of Lake Eola.

In a piece I received regarding the condo development @ the Plaza it says "Neighborhood market". Maybe that is a scaled down grocery store?

As far as the cineplex goes, I hope that comes through along with a good sized urban grocery to serve the various residential areas on the east side of Lake Eola.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know the Plaza is a large development, but I didn't realize it could fit both a theater and a grocery store (unless the grocery store is really small). If there is going to be another grocery store, maybe it should be a niche grocery store (like a whole foods or something more exotic).

On a somewhat similar topic, has anyone been to the farmer's market downtown? If so, is it any good and how are the prices and quality compared to a local grocery store?

There is a Whole Foods in Winter Park on Aloma about 1/2 block east of Lakemont.

There is a whole foods-like store in Thornton Park Central on Central. It's quite a bit smaller than the reals Whole Foods in Winter Park. Also there are a number of Chamberlin's in the Orlando area that are very Whole Foods-like.

Archived