Savannah the Beautiful

SavannahGa

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said a million times before, Savannah NEVER fails to impress. Like Charleston, Savannah sets high standards in how to maintain the good old Southern, urban and historic fabric of a city. I don't think there is a single person who cannot see the beauty of Savannah and admire it. Personally, I am always amazed. Of course, it always helps when the photographer is talented and has an eye for detail ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great pics, man! Wifey and I will be spending the night in Savannah tomorrow at the Westin, so I'm hoping to snap some shots similar to these! The trip is just a short stop over on the way to her parents in rural GA. It's such a charming city and I'm excited to go back -- it's been a while, but I've had some good times there over the years. We won't have much time, but we're going to try and find the house my grandfather was born in (somewhere on W. Duffy St.) and do one or two other activities (I hope they will include hitting a pub and visiting a church I've always wanted to check out :P ) If you have non-touristy local-ish suggestions LMK! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could have sworn I just left a comment on this....

Great shots! Savannah has some of the best streetscapes and density shots Georgia hs to offer. Thanks for posting them. My favorites were those first two shots. I love that wide angle(?) first one and that shot of Savannah from above (the second one).

Savannah is he most urban city in Ga (IMO) & doesn't have it's own subforum.... the lack of interest in Savannah is mind boggling to me.
I LOVE Savannah! I don't know if it's the most urban (depends on how you define urban), but it's definitely the most walkable city in Georgia. Gen. Oglethorpe sure got it right, in my opinion.

Thanks, it's a shame I'm the only one who represents Savannah in ALL of the Forum web sites I go to. This is URBANplanet..... Savannah is he most urban city in Ga (IMO) & doesn't have it's own subforum.... the lack of interest in Savannah is mind boggling to me. :wacko:

I graduated from SCAD in May (lived in Savannah for 4 years - year round) and moved to Atlanta. I miss Savannah every day. It has its problems but it will probably always be my favorite city.

So you're not the only one representing Savannah. I think the rest of the country's cities can learn alot from it. I just wish that my industry (commerical interior design) had a presence there so I didn't have to leave!

Thanks, it's a shame I'm the only one who represents Savannah in ALL of the Forum web sites I go to. This is URBANplanet..... Savannah is he most urban city in Ga (IMO) & doesn't have it's own subforum.... the lack of interest in Savannah is mind boggling to me. :wacko:

Youre right. Savannah is highly underrepresented. I don't understand why there is not more interest in it. But its hard to justify a forum for a place that gets so little direct attention. It is frequently brought up in other threads though. If you have any ideas on how to bring some life to Savannah on this forum, I'd be open to suggestions.

This is an excellent thread though. Fantastic Pictures.

I can't stand this garage:

45742579-L.jpg

Its truely the sore thumb of Savannah. I cant even begin to comprehend how that was allowed to be consturcted.

Archived