Best Triad TV News

DigitalSky

What is your favorite Triad news channel?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Triad news channel?

• 2 - WFMY - CBS (Cable 9)
    • 8 - WGHP - FOX (Cable 10)
    • 12 - WXII - NBC (Cable 11)
    • 45/48 - WXLV/WUPN - ABC/UPN (7/14)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the personalities on WFMY or WGHP act very professional. WXII in my opinion has the best anchors. I wish WFMY would ditch the slums of Phillips Ave. and build a new studio in downtown Greensboro. I think that would do wonders for their image.

I kind of like WGHP becuase at times you feel like you know the people that are on the set. They have more of a downhome feel than the others. They have great graphics. WFMY is so sorry now that most of the well-known faces on there have left and been replaced by newbies who bring sarcasm and childish remarks. Same goes for WXII, especially with that new traffic watcher and reporter named Aixia Diaz. The news is news and it should stay that way. I don't understand why companies are hiring these fresh out of college reporters and they act like its sorority night?

I don't think the personalities on WFMY or WGHP act very professional. WXII in my opinion has the best anchors. I wish WFMY would ditch the slums of Phillips Ave. and build a new studio in downtown Greensboro. I think that would do wonders for their image.

WFMY in the 90s certainly performed much more professional but with personal touch. WGHP is still professional though.

WFMY in the 90s certainly performed much more professional but with personal touch. WGHP is still professional though.

I agree with you 100% on that remark. :thumbsup: WFMY was a lot more serious then.

Today what annoys me is are the news anchors on WFMY who act so childish. If the temperature drops below 70, whine. If snow starts falling, whine. :rolleyes:

I agree with you 100% on that remark. :thumbsup: WFMY was a lot more serious then.

Today what annoys me is are the news anchors on WFMY who act so childish. If the temperature drops below 70, whine. If snow starts falling, whine. :rolleyes:

What is it with news anchors and people in general with snow? They don't like it for some reason. I don't get it? Snow is cool.

• 4 months later...

News 14 Carolina is a LOCAL 24-hour news channel. Charlotte has a bureau as does Raleigh... they share some "Carolina" stories, but for the most part it is 24/7 LOCAL news. They have "Weather on the 1s" forecast updates... it's convienent and only carried on Time Warner Cable.

http://www.news14.com Raleigh area

http://www.news14charlotte.com Charlotte area

Here's the full story

• 1 month later...

How do they decide tv markets? Montgomery County could be in the Triad or Charlotte area. How did they did it would go with the Triad?

I used to live in Boone, which was considered under the influence of 3 major metro areas (TriCities TN/VA, Charlotte, NC; and the Triad) and if I remember correctly, we had 2 channels of each network showing on the cable there. However, during network programming the dominant market (I believe that did end up falling to Charlotte) had to be shown on both channels. This whole thing by the FCC on who's the dominant provider to the market is a mystery to me...

Archived