Best Triad TV News

DigitalSky

What is your favorite Triad news channel?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Triad news channel?

• 2 - WFMY - CBS (Cable 9)
    • 8 - WGHP - FOX (Cable 10)
    • 12 - WXII - NBC (Cable 11)
    • 45/48 - WXLV/WUPN - ABC/UPN (7/14)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thing by the FCC on who's the dominant provider to the market is a mystery to me...

There idiots thats why.

The Tri-cities cover NW NC fairly well, at least with school closings and weather. If memory serves, WCYB 5 goes as far east as Wilkes County for terrestrial tv viewers.

There idiots thats why.

The Tri-cities cover NW NC fairly well, at least with school closings and weather. If memory serves, WCYB 5 goes as far east as Wilkes County for terrestrial tv viewers.

Actually, WCYB has the best weather coverage in the area, even though I couldn't stand their morning anchor when I lived up there. He irritated the tar out of me!! I have seen "flatlander" stations say how clear of a day it was in the mountains while it was snowing several inches....

Does WCYB still have the annoying '5' logobug during NBC primetime programming. I know WXII had (or still has) their 12 logo in the corner during NBC's Today show. I dont think stations should show their logo bug except for a few seconds for ID purposes during non-local news programming.

Does WCYB still have the annoying '5' logobug during NBC primetime programming. I know WXII had (or still has) their 12 logo in the corner during NBC's Today show. I dont think stations should show their logo bug except for a few seconds for ID purposes during non-local news programming.

I agree 100%. But all stations, local, national, and cable are doing it. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I think its very tough for new stations to come in. The big 3 stations in the Triad have a very loyal following and its hard to break that. It will be interesting to see if News 14 is more successful than other stations like UPN and ABC 45/48.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah WGHP is using that station standardization that all Fox Owned & Operated affiliates are going to be using... i think their new site sucks and is too slow-loading even on high speed (myfoxwghp.com) what a mouthful, fox8wghp.com was easier to remember.

That's what makes me wish Fox would sell WGHP.

That's what makes me wish Fox would sell WGHP.

In regards to going to the myWGHP website, it slows my computer up big time as well! I would not mind seeing the return of WGHPiedmont Channel 8 as an ABC affilate again (and the return of Fox 45/48 perhaps :shades:)

Maybe someday, Neil McNeill and Ernie Anastos will be working together over at FNC. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived