Favorite area of downtown

Fruit Cove

Which area of Downtown Jacksonville do you like the most?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which area of Downtown Jacksonville do you like the most?

• Riverside
    • San Marco
    • Springfield
    • Avondale
    • Arlington
    • Lakewood
    • Brooklyn
    • Ortega
    • Downtown (Acosta to the Hart)
    • other (please specify)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose downtown (between the Acosta and the Hart Bridges) because of the large amount of large historical buildings and the urban landscape. My second favorite area would be the Durkeeville neighborhood, which is the area just west of I-95. Although its run down, I like this area because of its overall density and the large amount of brick warehouses and industrial architecture over there. It would make a pretty nice warehouse district one day, whenever LaVilla builds out.

I chose Ortega because of all the beautiful new landscaping and other improvements that have been done to the area lately. Riverside came in a close second, because it is experiencing a boom right now. Once Villa Riva and that large mixed use developement near Al's (forgot the name of it) are completed, the area may become another up-scale Jacksonville hot spot, like san marco.

^I think it's 1551 Riverside.  It's on Margeret, across from the Starbucks, if my memory serves me correctly.  I'm looking forward to seeing that project finished.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, that's the one. Thanks Urban Legend for your help. I too am looking forward to its completion.

Archived