NCAA Basketball 2005

MathNerd05

• 2 months later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question I'm asking for this point in the season is which is the better conference? Big Ten, Big East or ACC . . . or the resurgent SCC with bama and Kentucky?

All I know so far is my Panthers have won back-to-back against the last two National Champions. Go Pittsburgh!

bb.gifbb.gifbb.gif

Well, Ole Miss couldn't finish off Kentucky cause we are awful in basketball for the third straight year. (How dissapointing!)

Pittsburgh does indeed look good. Come tourney time they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Here's my Final Four: UNC, Duke, Illinois, Kansas.

The ACC is the powerhouse this year. The Big East has some talent, but not enough to match Duke, Wake, UNC, Georgia Tech... The Big Ten has Illinois with Wisconsin and MSU as fall backs. The SEC has only Kentucky and 'Bama. Vandy and Mississippi State are good, but not the top tier. ACC is by far the best conference this year. Hands down.

They were looking ahead instead of in front of them. Beating Syracuse and UConn had their egos sky high. Every now and then it is good for a great team to get beat just as a reminder that they are not immortal. Look at Kansas getting blown out by Villinova not long ago after beating Georgia Tech at home and Kentucky in Lexington (something the Jayhawks had not done since 1953.)

^^ok what deal with the devil did metro boston make? BC, Sawx, Patsies 3 out of 4? Heck too bad hockey is on strike the Bruins could have made Bobby Orr proud this year ;) . . . you guys are closing in on Pittsburgh's record 7 championships in 6 years! (1975-1980)

Well, just as we applaud BC the Eagles got beat by the Irish. Notre Dame is not a bad team but BC should not have lost that game.

Congrats to Pittsburgh on the win over St. John's. 11 point victory, well done. Anyone heard anything out of St. Joe's this year?

Illinois snuck by Michigan last night. Kind of a suspect win, which surprised me. Illinois is just about as complete a team as there is right now. They showed some scary weaknesses last night though. #16 Villanova might upset #1 Illinois this year....

^^from what I've heard Pittsburgh got lucky with St. John's a lot closer then 11. Pittsburgh did lose some good players last year so in a way its "rebuilding" from 3 straight sweet sixteens, but still all the losses this season were to the Bucknells, WVs and a weak Georgetown . . . all while beating Syracuse and UConn! Pittsburgh isn't as strong as last year but the losses were just stupid games, should be unbeaten right now.

BC I think won't hold up when it gets in the thick of the BE sch. UConn, 'cuse, Pittsburgh, etc. Illinois though I'd be surprised if they lose anymore. It's going to be interesting to watch BC and the Illini to see how long they can stay unbeaten.

BC has two outstanding forwards. A good team in the NCAA tournament will have a tough task taking them out of the game. Its doable though...

How dissappointing has Georgia Tech been? Granted they have had some injury issues, but they seem to have just fallen apart. But, what is it going to be like for a 1 or 3 seed in the tournament to get all the way through, only to have to face a #4 or #5 GT?

Utah may have the best player in the country. I can't remember his name, but he's a 7'0" center from Australia who can handle the ball, shoot a 3, post up, etc. Watch for this guy to own the paint in March.

If you could have Illinois and North Carolina or everyone else in the nation, who would you want?

acc is the best conference and someone from the acc will likely play illinois for the title but anything can happen in the field of 64... um ooopps 65 forgot the play in game. big east has a good conference too, will be exciting to see louisville in next year. they should have the acc big east challence instead of big 10 acc. Acc dominates them. Id love to see a pre-conference tournament consisting of duke vs. uconn, carolina vs. syracuse, wake vs. louisville, maryland vs. notre dame, maybe nc state vs. pitt or hell were getting boston college put bc against pitt. I think that would be a much better match up of teams than what the big 10 has to offer.

GO DUKE!!!!

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!

bb.gif

My panthers just beat the #9 'Cuse on the road! Looks like Pittsburgh gets up for the big games . . . always a good habit with March coming!

I agree Eric, the ACC and BE should play their top teams that would be exciting . . . the BigEast of course I will always feel is the best bball conference in the world, but I will admit that during the season with the storied rivalries and the ole tobacco road games the ACC is the most interesting week in and week out . . . come Feb. and March though I think the BE (with half of all national titles in the last 6 years and the rough style of play) takes it. Just my view, true if you take any 6 year period though the ACC could look like the conference of March, but the last 6 counts the most (then again the BE has 3 and the ACC has 2, pretty close).

• 2 weeks later...

^ Pittsburgh is looking pretty good going into tournament play. That impressive win over ND was big. My boys (UConn) just put a pounding on Syracuse this afternoon. Syracuse has had its troubles this season with the top teams in the Big East.

So, anyone think the Big East will actually get 8 teams in the NCAA's? I think they'll get 7.

UConn

B.C.

Pitt

Villanova

Syracuse

Notre Dame (with 1 win in conference tourney)

West Virgina (same thing)

I believe Georgetown will be left out. They've been playinf crappy recently.

Archived