NFL's Best Team?

PghUSA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

judgement day is this weekend, jags are going to win.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MIGHTY STEELERS WIN AGAIN! what a game though!

this week I will say Philly should get the nod for #1 with NE and Steelers a very close tie for second.

Pittsburgh came in a little too cocky for a little bit. I could see that in some of the faces in the beginning that they thought that it was not going to be a close game. It was a great, vewry physical game. That is the way football should be all of the time. Enough showboating, and put a hit on somebody. That is football. Excellent game by both teams.

jags if you take into effect the poor call on the td.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink:

We'll try to make it up to you, just beat the Jets, gonna destroy the Ravens, looks like we'll give the Jags the chance to win the wild-card, too bad they'll have to fly to Pittsburgh before the SuperBowl :thumbsup:

my top 10:

#1 Pittsburgh

#2 Philadelphia & NewEngland (only b/c PGH owns tiebreakers)

#4 San Diego & Indianapolis

#6 Atlanta

#7 Green Bay

#8 NY Jets

#9 Baltimore

#10 Denver

still in the game:

Minnesota, Seattle, Jacksonville, Buffalo

• 2 weeks later...

The Steelers probably are better than the Pats as of now, but remember what happened last time we played in an AFC Championship in Pittsburgh? I think we are destined for a rematch. The Eagles should still reach the Super Bowl, despite losing T.O., but they are a much weaker team now. I would be afraid of Carolina in the NFC, and of Indy in the AFC as sleepers.

The 1972 Perfect Dolphins finished the season 14-0, The Pittsburgh Steelers have become the only team to equal that feat with todays defeat of Buffalo. Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers becoming the best team ever to take an NFL field along with the 72 perfect Dolphins ;)

thank you steelers! a few more quarters and a loss by denver means were in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup: told you we would do our part! Just remember us a few years from now when we're on the bubble, even the perfect Dolphins of 72 needed help in 75 and 76 :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I would say the Steelers are the best team. Why? Look no further than the week 17 victory over Buffalo. Buffalo was a HOT team late in the season, and much better than they ever were expected them to be. And the steelers beat them (rather handly) with second stringers at nearly every position and third stringers at several skill positions (QB, RB). That level of depth is amazing in this parity/salary cap era of the NFL.

^ All of that means nothing, period. I could find some random facts that would prove the Pats would win the Super Bowl too. I was unimpressed by the Steelers-Jets game today. I think the Patriots will beat them, assuming we beat Indy, who I am more scared of at this point. Falcons showed me things today, good things. They can definitely reach the Super Bowl.

^ your right . . . I shouldn't ever consider what I read in that Wall Street Journal rag, who do they think they are--a respected national publication? :P

As far as the Jets game goes, that was fun, Bettis got 100+ yards and Ward got 100+ yards through the air! Jets brought it, hats off to them.

I was surprised how the Falcons dismantled the Rams got that one wrong.

Gonna be some fun football this sunday!

Archived