NFL's Best Team?

PghUSA

Without preamble:

Colts got beat by a very good Patriots team. I was wrong all the way. Oh well. Jets played a heckuva game. Hats off to both teams, except the Jets kicker. Free counseling for him, I feel

Great games ahead. Falcons/Eagles and Pats/Steelers are both going to be very fun to watch. :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little torn about this game. I always liked the Steelers as a child with Rocky Bleier and Mean Joe Greene, Franco Harris and Terry Bradshaw et al but the Patriots are my team.

GO PATS!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw they got to you . . . well your welcomed back to the black and gold anytime!

Aw they got to you . . . well your welcomed back to the black and gold anytime!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't go that far.

btw- I'm a big "black and gold" fan. I've loved the Bruins from way back in the Bobby Orr days. ;) It's very flattering that 2 Pittsburg teams would copy them.

I think both games tomorrow will be great. But I a rooting for Cowher to finally winthe big one. He's a fixture in Pittsburgh, its really hard to imagine the team w/ another head coach. But are they the best of the 4? Until they are beaten, NE remains the best, much to my chargin. I hope Steel town wins!!!

UrbanAddict:

Green Bay 1967 & 1968

Miami 1973 & 1974

Pittsburgh 1975 & 1976

Pittsburgh 1979 & 1980

San Francisco 1989 & 1990

Dallas 1993 & 1994

Denver 1998 & 1999

were the back-to-back winners of superbowls ;)

Pittsburgh is the only team to do it multiple times

SF and Dallas have each won 5

Pittsburgh won 4

Oakland, Green Bay and Washington have won it 3 times.

That's the leader board so far. Patriots could win it for the third time this year.

It's very hard to win it two times in a row, because usually once a team wins the SuperBowl, they dismantle and fall into shambles. By the way, across the bay in Oakland, the Raiders are having quite a looooooooooong SuperBowl loss hangover and that resulted in their terrible season record. ><

With a possible three out of the last four Super Bowls, that is incredible. Football is a sport where dedication and hard work can outweigh talent. Yes, you have to have some talent to play but at the pro level, all are professionals. It is the teams like the Patriots that play as one unit that get the job done. It is only a pain in the butt to win when the players only play for money and themselves. Other than that, it is easy.

Quick question does the "best team" win every year? Think about how many of the legendary teams never won a superbowl, Dolphins with Marino in the mid 90s, the Vikes just a few years ago, the old Houston Oilers 1978-1979 barely missed going to two superbowls. Just thinking out loud pretty much, the SuperBowl winner does deserve it 100% but there were a lot of great players and great teams that never won a ring and never got to a Super Bowl. Then again there is only space for one winning name each season, sad in a way but true. It's the Patriots decade so far hope they can seal the deal and be remembered as one of the great dynasties. (Just don't win 4 too soon, Steelers have to crow about something ;) )

Archived