Gameday Condos near Williams-Brice Stadium

emerging.me

That's no time in the long run.

Are the Spur and Carolina Walk the only two developments that are slated to go up down there? I thought there was at least a third one.

Yeah, there's another one...it's called Stadium Village Lofts. They're coming along nicely. I drove down there last week and took a look at all of these projects. I have also heard of another condo on shop road near the stadium. But haven't heard anything new in a while.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there's another one...it's called Stadium Village Lofts. They're coming along nicely. I drove down there last week and took a look at all of these projects. I have also heard of another condo on shop road near the stadium. But haven't heard anything new in a while.

Just found out about the other one...it's called The Gates of Williams Brice. There was a story on 2/5 about it in the State. Pre sale of the condos starts in April. So that will be 4 condo developments. Very strange considering there were ZERO this time last year.

That's right, the worst of the warehouses are becoming Stadium Village Lofts and part of 1 other ratty warehouse will be the Gates of W-B. Carolina Walk and the Spur are both well over 50% sold out and Stadium Village Lofts have almost totally sold out phase 1. One thing is certain, there are alot of Carolina fans with more money than I have!

I drove by there again yesterday and the sign said Stadium Village Lofts stage 1 was totally sold out and they are selling units for stage 2 now. I guess stage 2 will start after the 2006 football season and be ready for the 2007 season. I hope they start on the gates of WB soon, too.

Yeah I know this forum is the most interaction I get out of people from Columbia these days! :lol:

The 4th condo near the stadium apparently is gearing up for construction. They finally have a website.

http://www.thegatesatwb.com/fw/main/Home-476.html

Amazing how much residential construction will be going on at the same time down there.

It most certainly IS amazing.

By the way, here's the front elevation rendering:

Gates_front_rendering.jpg

It isn't a highrise, but it will sure look alot nicer than the warehouse that now sits there. I really like the synergy of the developments going on around the stadium right now.

It isn't a highrise, but it will sure look alot nicer than the warehouse that now sits there. I really like the synergy of the developments going on around the stadium right now.

Yeah, I really like the rendering. It goes well with the current development. Shop Rd might turn into something after all.

I'm truely amazed that a forth residential condo complex is already planned. I wish I had the ability to develop a urban strip in the area with the intention of houseing a grocery, bars, etc. With all of these condos, plus the presence of the two student appartment complexes, I think it would do well.

Now if Olympia could get going!

How can it *not* now... surrounded by the Vista/Innovista/Greek Village/new baseball stadium on one side and the Williams-Brice/Fairgrounds corridor and hot Rosewood redevelopment on the other? .. but that is for another topic.

That's cool news on the new condos. Kind of stock looking but you gotta love the redevelopment going on around there. That warehouse district is prime. Can't wait to start seeing industry move out of there and new things reusing some of the cool industrial spaces.

As long as finding a way to fund the proposed $7 million for redevelopment in Olympia is on the program (as it is), something will surely happen, sooner than later. Too bad the TIF didn't work out.

Lamar, you're prophetic; the city approved $2,000,000 in funding yesterday! :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived