Gameday Condos near Williams-Brice Stadium

emerging.me

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing how quickly that area has changed. Once the Farmers' Market eyesore moves in a year or 2, it will improve even more. They broke ground on the new Farmers' Market recently; can anyone tell me why it would take more than a year to build a farmers' market?

Wow Matt....Made the process go by really quick...Now he's dedicated! How ironic.... :ph34r::rofl:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I wish they had used real brick or some other facade for Carolina Walk, it looks kind of cheap. <_< . Either way, it does have a nice view of the city and stadium and is a great addition to the area.

Have the Gates at Williams-Brice condos been completed yet?

It just depends on the place. The New South cities are all going for this well-manicured neat and tidy type of urbanity - not the function over form nit and grit urbanity of the old cities in the rust belt. The look just feels better without looming powerlines (Case in point- the Vista). However, the old Five Points that I still have fond memories of was full over power lines, and it really didn't detract from the experience.

It just depends on the place. The New South cities are all going for this well-manicured neat and tidy type of urbanity - not the function over form nit and grit urbanity of the old cities in the rust belt. The look just feels better without looming powerlines (Case in point- the Vista). However, the old Five Points that I still have fond memories of was full over power lines, and it really didn't detract from the experience.

I don't know that I'm really into neat and tidy. I think a city should have some grit and I don't want Columbia to lose the little bit of grit that it has. I think that is why I dislike Charlotte so much - they've tried to totally whitewash their city.

Archived