Gameday Condos near Williams-Brice Stadium

emerging.me

• 5 months later...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they would have sold better if Williams Brice and all the other sports venues [and main campus areas] were located centrally to them. But yep...6 games a year on lovely industrial backdropped Bluff Rd...lol...that will surely reel them in....oh and the 7th day would be to attend the State Fair...lol

• 8 months later...

I don't know if you guys have checked out this website for US Group's beautification project at Fair Grounds next to Williams-Brice. This project is more than just a beautification.....check out the innovative drainage system being used.

From the website:

"Part of this project includes the installation of a storm drainage system which allows storm water runoff to filter into the soil on-site, instead of running off elsewhere, potentially compounding flooding problems which have long plauged this part of the Columbia area. This is the largest application of this innovative storm water drainage technology to date in South Carolina."

This is going to completely transform the area and the fact that they are using this system makes it that much better. Can't wait to see it when all the landscaping is done. :camera: .

US Group Inc - Fairgrounds

More importantly, however, they are planting rows and rows of shade trees. Tailgating for Carolina games is going to improve significantly. Once the Farmer's Market moves out in 2010/2011 they will do the same over there. Its going to be phenomenal. Say what you want about Eric Hyman, but he is giving USC's facilities a complete overhaul, and it's going to look great.

So at both Williams-Brice and the Colonial Life Arena there will be an intense green environment instead of just pavement and chrome.

And as far as Eric Hyman is concerned, I've said from day one since he was hired that if our current coaches don't get it done he will.

• 1 month later...

Indeed. That's quite a drop in little over a year. For someone who lives in the area, it might not be that bad a deal now especially since the government is tossing in another $8K if this is a first time buy, though it would be interesting to know what the fees are. The downside of this place however is that it is obvious that it was built as an investment place and not a place to make homes for people. In the long run it might still drop in value.

Yeah, anyone having bought property in overheated markets between 2004 - 2008 are probably going to lose out bit time.

Well, its hard to say what will happen long term. IMO, they will probably rise in value in the long run. When you look at the millions of dollars that the USC Athletics Department is pumping into the parking lots and other improvements to and around the stadium, the attractiveness of that area is only going to increase. Obvious the end buyers of these gameday condos are always going to be investment types, and not home-owners.

I'll add that those prices are pretty sweet. If I had disposable income like that I would definitely look into it.

I always thought of those condos like the cabooses outside of the stadium - or at least in having the same buyers. How much do those things go for? $200,000 or something wild like that? Those never seem to have a problem selling when one comes up, as I think there is still a long waiting list to get into the cabooses. I'm surprised that some of those on the list haven't opted out for a cheaper condo instead.

I always thought of those condos like the cabooses outside of the stadium - or at least in having the same buyers. How much do those things go for? $200,000 or something wild like that? Those never seem to have a problem selling when one comes up, as I think there is still a long waiting list to get into the cabooses. I'm surprised that some of those on the list haven't opted out for a cheaper condo instead.

Archived