Gameday Condos near Williams-Brice Stadium

emerging.me

It looks completely different down there. I like how they are building Carolina Walk with the pre-fabricated walls. It's going up much faster than the Spur. There are already hundreds of students living in the University Oaks and other apartment of Bluff Rd. and once these condos are completed, that area will have quite a population boom. I can't wait to see what else is going to be built when the farmer's market moves.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks completely different down there. I like how they are building Carolina Walk with the pre-fabricated walls. It's going up much faster than the Spur. There are already hundreds of students living in the University Oaks and other apartment of Bluff Rd. and once these condos are completed, that area will have quite a population boom. I can't wait to see what else is going to be built when the farmer's market moves.

Speaking of the Farmer's Market...anyone have any idea WHEN something is going to happen there? That eyesore SOOOOO needs to hurry up and get out of the stadium area.

Not sure when that's going to happen, but I like the its new location at the end of Shop Rd. Not too close and not too far from the city.

I have a friend that lives at University Oaks apartments next to the farmers market. Don't drive over there with your windows down, the strong smell of onions is sure to make you tear up.

I wonder (hope :P ) that all those new condos are making a good impact on the skyline of the city as viewed from the I-26/77 junction coming from Orangeburg. I haven't been out that way in a while, has anyone else had the opportunity to see if their is a change? :blush:

I havent made it over that way in a while but I am sure there a siginficant change from I-77 in the heathwood area given how well you can see the skyline and W-B.

I havent made it over that way in a while but I am sure there a siginficant change from I-77 in the heathwood area given how well you can see the skyline and W-B.

I'll go home that way today and let you know. I did notice Carolina Walk from there a little while back, but it has gotten bigger since I saw it. Hope I don't wreck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hilarious. I nearly rear ended this car at that light up on the hill on Rosewood Drive the other day -- looking down at all that stuff. It's not the first time either. Something about that view is (apparently) mesmerizing to me. :)

You too. That happened to me yesterday. LOL :rofl:

They have started painting the outside of Carolina Walk. The fact that the concrete is scored to look like bricks and is being painted red is a bit disappointing - Columbia is one of the biggest brick manufacturing areas in the country and they have to paint on bricks for a building full of $200,000-$500,000 condos? Thath ridickuluth ath Daffy Duck would say, lol.

• 1 month later...

Excellent photos. It is really impressive how much can change in a year.

Imagine the Carolina fans that live out of town who haven't been to Columbia recently; since the end of last football season, 4 condo projects have begun construction (2 midrises) and 3 of the 4 will be open before the start of this season. That's the way to get things done!

• 2 weeks later...

The condo's are coming along nice!!!! I see they have the second condo midrise up.. The view from rosewood is awesome. :yahoo: . That area as a whole is turning around. I seen another rendering up for another condo project located off shop road. It looks to be a midrise

It is amazing how quickly that area has changed. Once the Farmers' Market eyesore moves in a year or 2, it will improve even more. They broke ground on the new Farmers' Market recently; can anyone tell me why it would take more than a year to build a farmers' market?

Archived