Did Kerry win Ohio?

cityboi

Has anybody heard anything about Kerry winning Ohio after provisional and absentee ballots were counted? My grandmother said she heard Brit on MSNBC say Kerry won the Ohio thus winning the electorial vote need to be president. She also said she heard that they found out that Kerry votes in Florida and Ohio had been thrown out and they are investigating. I will see if I can confirm this because this is only based on what my grandmother said she heard from Brit on MSNBC.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Kerry were able to win this some kind of way, republicans would be eqaully pee'd off at Kerry as Democrats are at Bush which would divide the country even more and take it to the next level of hatred towards people who voted for the opposite candidate. Obviously the Kerry campaign would have to challenge the outcome first. The question is if the find grounds to, will they?

The problem with the provisional ballots is that only about 7% of them are legit in Ohio. This has caused a major problem, because counting all the ballots would swing Ohio Kerry's way, but officials have to go through and determine which ballots are valid and invalid.

I'm not sure it matters though. Kerry already ceded victory to George W. It would be up the the Supreme court if the Kerry campaign could even contest the election, which is doubtful. I have respect for Kerry for having put the country first when he ceded, calling for an America united beyond partisanship.

Although I had heard that even if all the provisional ballots were counted Kerry could not possibly win Ohio. It was on MSNBC the morning after the election.

even though he ceded victory to Bush, that doesnt legally bar him from being president. If it turned out that Kerry won Ohio, he would be president elect. But I just think by principle that a winner shouldnt be announced until all votes have been counted, especially in a tight race. It was just arrogant for the white house to say Bush won on election night even before the election night votes were tallied.

I agree that Kerry didn't win .. and that is what is being argued.

The issue, i think, is the fact that the voting system has questions and problems. NOT talking about it is not going to fix the problem, imo.

Also .. if these problems or discrepancies aren't addressed, it will just end up reoccuring in 08 and all future elections. If this country continues to be strongly politically divided .. then the problem will never really go away.

The problem will never go away, imo. We have to remember that we, the general populace, are stupid as a whole. Somebody somewhere will find a way to screw it up, and always will. Although, it is amazing to me in this era of technology that we cannot find a way to accurately cast a vote. Is it really that hard?

I think its time to get rid of the electorial college system and let who ever gets the most votes win. The system was put in place to give smaller populated states a voice. Bush was popular in those smaller states. However Bush won the popular vote so we have to ask ourselves, why do we need this system now? I hate it because one or two states really decide the whole election and if you happen to live in state where Kerry lost and you voted for Kerry, you're vote didnt count at all because Bush got the state points.

I hate it because one or two states really decide the whole election and if you happen to live in state where Kerry lost and you voted for Kerry, you're vote didnt count at all because Bush got the state points.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or how Maine allocates their electoral votes .. that seems to be a more accurate way to find a 'winner'

Archived