New Greenville developments

gs3

Welcome aboard, johnnyg! :D I look forward to more Upstate posts. Thanks for the scoop. I think the sooner they begin construction on the Camperdown condos the better, since delays almost always seem to prove negative in the end.

Brad, thanks for posting that info on the Kimbrells site! I was unable to read the newspaper today, but this news sounds pretty good. Obviously, we all must approve of the potential development of another office tower (especially one of that size :w00t: ). An entryway onto Main is not a bad idea, but something along the line of the atrium at Wachovia Place would be more desireable, IMO. I think you could include the entrance to the underground cinema within such an atrium, since the weather won't always be desireable.

vicupstate, I totally agree with you. That drive-thru-only bank on the same block is a total waste of space. :angry: The only problem is that it is owned by a bank. Have fun trying to buy it from them. :lol:

...For quite a while now, I've wanted to post a list of the proposed/potential larger buildings (that we know of) along with their possible height in floors, just to help others get an idea of the upcoming boost to Greenville's skyline.

1. Pinnacle on Main

Edited by Skyliner

vicupstate, I totally agree with you.  That drive-thru-only bank on the same block is a total waste of space. :angry:  The only problem is that it is owned by a bank.  Have fun trying to buy it from them. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My apologizes to Wachovia, this is actually a Carolina First drive-thru and ATM. Regardless, it needs to go.

What are the general price ranges for condos in the downtown Greenville area? And how does that compare to house prices in the older neighborhoods near downtown?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For any reasonable size condo expect to pay. 1,400 to 1,600 sq feet go for 275,000 to 350,000. Because of the demand, most all new condo developments hold auctions (a way to get more dollars) and usually the development is sold out within one evening of auction. The Poinsett Corners development auction started at 7:00 one evening and was sold out by 9:00. I went to that one. Interesting.....people bidding against each other and paying far more than they should.

For any reasonable size condo expect to pay.  1,400 to 1,600 sq feet go for 275,000 to 350,000.  Because of the demand, most all new condo developments hold auctions (a way to get more dollars) and usually the development is sold out within one evening of auction.  The Poinsett Corners development auction started at 7:00 one evening and was sold out by 9:00.  I went to that one.  Interesting.....people bidding against each other and paying far more than they should.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am impressed by the amount of information that you all know about. What about a new development called Monohgan Mill? ANy news on that?

For any reasonable size condo expect to pay.  1,400 to 1,600 sq feet go for 275,000 to 350,000.  Because of the demand, most all new condo developments hold auctions (a way to get more dollars) and usually the development is sold out within one evening of auction.  The Poinsett Corners development auction started at 7:00 one evening and was sold out by 9:00.  I went to that one.  Interesting.....people bidding against each other and paying far more than they should.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the Poinsett Corners auction myself. Only time will tell if they paid too much. If the movie theater and the baseball park all work out, it could end up being a good investment. I plan to go to the Cotton Place Mill property auction in Simpsonville tomorrow (Thursday). Is anyone else going?

I am impressed by the amount of information that you all know about. What about a new development called Monohgan Mill? ANy news on that?

There is actually a thread about it. Creative Lofts and Apartment thread

Link to photos of Monaghan Mill

Last time I drove by it all the bricked up windows had been opened back up, so work is under way.

GSA Business Article on the Mill Conversion

Article in today's Greenville News on what is next ofr ICAR

ICAR Article

here is the run down of the first 25 acre plan.

this comes form a chart in the paper but not online

-Two Five Deck Parking Garages

-Four privatly owned 75,000 sf office buildingss

-Retail Space Attached to one of the parking garages

-85,000 sf BMW information Tech building (under construction)

-85,000 sf Carroll A Campbell Jr. Graduate Engineering Center (being designed)

Also planned is a

-business incubator

and in the future a

-international business incubator

This is a bit confusing to me. I thought this was more of an industrial/research park, rather than a business park. And retail? I guess it is understandable to be complete- but ICAR is hardly an urban development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that the collaboration between businesses and the university is the whole idea between the ICAR development. If you look at the plan for the surrounding millennium campus, which will all be private office development, it integrates seamlessly with the ICAR land. Once they are both finished, it will be appear as one large business/research campus. Check out the vision section of the website for a site drawing.

http://www.millenniumcampus.com

This is a bit confusing to me. I thought this was more of an industrial/research park, rather than a business park. And retail? I guess it is understandable to be complete- but ICAR is hardly an urban development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually what they want it to be is like a mix between a Satalitle College Campus and a Industrial Park. And when they say urban they mean buildings close together with park space, they don't want large parking lots. But the plan has been to have not only retail but housing as well. They want it to be a destination site used by the whole community not just those who work or study there.

Exciting news! "Development deal nears for Woolworth building"

That's the title to an article in this week's GSABusiness Journal. Retail space is said to be a major piece in the the mixed-use plan. City Manager Jim Bourey say that he's "pretty optimistic we'll get something done within the next two or three weeks." This is one of the only remaining vacant sites in that part of downtown, and it will be great to fill the hole there. Nothing was said regarding any building height, but the plan includes multiple stories, with ground-level retail, office on upper levels, and residential units on the top floors.

This sounds great. I hope it isn't a wasted opportunity though. :)

IMGA0005.jpg

The property is at the corner of Main Street and Washington Street.

Edited by Skyliner

On the same block with the Woolworth building is the future Piazza at Bergamo development, mentioned earlier. It will be built where the current Young Fashions building stands (across Main from the terminus of Coffee Street). This block of Main will see some big changes once these are completed. :)

Piazza at Bergamo

plaza1.jpg

Young Fashions building, where Piazza at Bergamo is to be built.

IMGA0023.jpg

A view of the Woolworth building in the foreground and the Young Fashions building in the background.

IMGA0007.jpg

Edited by Skyliner