New Greenville developments

gs3

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, ausrutherford said:

This is just about as good of a place as any...but Greenville (the City) finally broke its all time population record!

Elsewhere I've seen Greenville lauded as Asheville, but without the hipsters.

The two story blonde brick building at 1 Cleveland St. that was the former Associated Reform Presbyterian Church is being demolished. It is owned by the adjoining St.Paul's Anglican Church (unless they have sold it). The site is 1.17 acres.   

I always thought a mid-high rise condo would be perfect there. 

Does anyone know what the plans are?

Did no one on here mention the census data naming Greenville as the 4th fastest-growing city in the US? Perhaps I missed it but here is the link anyway..

https://census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2017/cb17-81-population-estimates-subcounty.html#fastest-growing

Guarantee developers are paying attention to this.

Also thought it was interesting that most of the cities listed with the highest growth rates were suburbs of much larger metros whereas Greenville is not. 

37 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The two story blonde brick building at 1 Cleveland St. that was the former Associated Reform Presbyterian Church is being demolished. It is owned by the adjoining St.Paul's Anglican Church (unless they have sold it). The site is 1.17 acres.   

Am I in the minority thinking that the Camperdown/Church intersection needs to be reworked before development encroaches on that area?

32 minutes ago, Jet-set said:

Did no one on here mention the census data naming Greenville as the 4th fastest-growing city in the US? Perhaps I missed it but here is the link anyway..

https://census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2017/cb17-81-population-estimates-subcounty.html#fastest-growing

Guarantee developers are paying attention to this.

Also thought it was interesting that most of the cities listed with the highest growth rates were suburbs of much larger metros whereas Greenville is not. 

Very exciting times for the city. Is this a high water mark for the city population?

14 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Am I in the minority thinking that the Camperdown/Church intersection needs to be reworked before development encroaches on that area?

Very exciting times for the city. Is this a high water mark for the city population?

I would think the interchange would be redone with the Bridge?

It exceeds the population in 1960 (not sure if yearly estimates were done then).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2017 at 3:41 PM, johnpro318 said:

Just think what the Greenville city population would be if the city limits were not within walking distances at some points. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On May 29, 2017 at 2:57 PM, vicupstate said:

Building being demolished today. 

• 1 month later...

Wow: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/trail-connection-feature-massive-mauldin-development/#.WZwQ-y95_wQ.twitter

This is exactly what Magnolia Park was supposed to be like until the developer decided to cut and run. Glad to see something very much like Birkdale Village (amazing development by the way) happening here. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Wow: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/trail-connection-feature-massive-mauldin-development/#.WZwQ-y95_wQ.twitter

This is exactly what Magnolia Park was supposed to be like until the developer decided to cut and run. Glad to see something very much like Birkdale Village (amazing development by the way) happening here. 

Excellent to see! More of these types of developments will help aid in the development of legitimate mass transit in the future. Happy to also see the trail connection! 

On August 25, 2017 at 8:29 AM, gvegascple said:

I hope that what is proposed in the mock ups matches the actual budget they intend to use when it comes time to build.

I've got the site plan. Looks pretty good overall.  I can't share the site plan but I will try to share some details later today