New Greenville developments

gs3

Excellent roundup by GVLToday updating the status of many businesses that have been announced within the past 6 months or so. While some of these establishments are replacing ones that closed it's still good to see the growth and the confidence of entrepreneurs to open myriad shops, restaurants and retail in and around Greenville. 

https://gvltoday.6amcity.com/upcoming-greenville-businesses-2017/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

The news about the Chamber wanting to move further into downtown is potentially exciting. More redevelopment along the park/trail would be nice, and hopefully some mixtures of uses on that site can help further establish Cleveland Street as a walkable destination and attraction along the trail. 

Source?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple questions:

1. What’s going on at Market Point Drive across from the new Abberly Market Point Apartments? Large lot being cleared.

83AACD8B-5144-40DB-9B72-2C69A8F200B3.jpeg

2. The Phoenix Inn has been demolished-was it condemned? I stayed there once prior to moving here and it seemed nice enough. Are there plans to redevelop the site?

Edited by Jet-set

16 hours ago, Jet-set said:

Couple questions:

1. What’s going on at Market Point Drive across from the new Abberly Market Point Apartments? Large lot being cleared.

83AACD8B-5144-40DB-9B72-2C69A8F200B3.jpeg

I am pretty sure that is the site that Ryan Homes is building townhomes on.

Going into the new year, I'd like to speculate on which large downtown parcels see a major design in the coming year. As I see them, I have listed them in descending order of probability here:

1. Pendleton Street Baptist Church, remaining property on Main/Rhett/Markley.  They have to spend the money somehow. I think they've been meeting in a hotel conference room since the demo.

2. Any of the properties co-owned by the Jural partnerships between Falls, Webster, and Calvin. This was pegged for future development in the Sottile renderings of the Bohemian hotel. The former Bank of America here was recently demolished and is currently being used for Camperdown construction staging.

3. County-owned property between Fluor Field, Augusta, and Main. Unless the city/county want to spend a large portion of their budget on acquisition, this is the obvious spot for any west end parking garage, right? right?

4. Tie - Hughes properties between River/Falls/Academy or lot between River/Rhett/Boggs. These are the other top candidates for a city parking garage, and Hughes has a habit of donating property, presumably for tax purposes. Albeit, the donations were to 501(c)(3) eligible entities, but there's room for creativity.

5. Rogue Hughes Office building footer at River Place. has there been a rendering for this yet?

6. Coffee and Spring Lot, next to NAI. Big neighborhood for development, owned by realtors. Unless the Regions lease on the property is prohibitively long with no exit in sight, or there are some other contingencies, it seems like a no brainer.

7. Hughes property at McBee/(under)Church. It wasn't set up that way for a parking lot, once the rest of the development is leased and stable I imagine there is something in the pipe.

8. Triangular wedge at Academy and Markley. Once Markley Station opens there will be momentum, there's already residential build-up around. I believe there was some consolidation nearby recently as well.

9. Perimeter - RealOp comes through again after they finish Markley Station

Long-Shots: 

Property at David Francis/Broad. Too far out of the way for anything substantial but development is coming down Broad.

Property at Main/Broad. I hear they make a killing on parking but Camperdown has to make the present value too high to keep that up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...