New Greenville developments

gs3

The Greer area is really booming. I wish I had some electronic photos with me to show you. New businesses are opening down town, high class stuff, and people are starting to renovate buildings, we have one that recently got a new facade and two getting new facades right now. I wish I had the renderings with me.

Greer has annexed alot of land recently as well becuase to get Sewer from the Greer CPW you must be in the city. If you ever get to see that city limits they are odd, expand largers than Greenville, but moves intentacles, becuase they finger annex.

Not to far back they annexed the area around lake Robinson so they could provide sewer for a new sudivision, THe Blueridge Plantation will have 1,100 homes when it is complete and a 600 home subdivision is going up next to that.

Also, on another topic, Greenville is building lots of new schools right now, big schools. Off the top of my head I can think of a few under construction,

Riverside High, Wade Hampton High, The Fine Arts Center, Beck Academy, The Gifted Center, Eastside High, Northwood Middle and I know there are many more.

Brad

Another thread reminded me of another possible development.

In Downtown Greenville at Broad St. and Main St. Accross the street from the Peace Center used to stand City Hall. It was a beautiful building, with a bell or clock tower. I will try to find a photo. Anyway years ago, i think it was the 70's it was torn down. and now there is some kinda plaza.

Recently I read that there was plans to rebuild that building as it used to be to be the new city hall. I saw a rending of the new building and it looks much like the pictures I have seen of the old one. I will try to find an image of that as well.

Brad

Yes, but the City Limits of Mauldin and Greenville touch each other, they have run together.  So it is as close to Greenville as other projects that fall outside Greenville's City Limits.

Brad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just wasn't sure exactly where that was :)

- Nice phics matthew. I like the Greenville of the 60s. Main st has changed alot.

Pinnacle on Main

That link is to a article from this mornings Greenville News in which a new 14 story tower was annonced for main st.

I have tried to find a photo and have not been able to, but there is a photo in the print version of the article.

Take notice that the arichitect/ developer, Bob Ellis, mentions that he is designing another 14 story for an undisclosed client. That building will be downtown as well.

This building will have office condos, residential condos, retail, and a penthouse health club.

Brad

Pinnacle on Main

That link is to a article from this mornings Greenville News in which a new 14 story tower was annonced for main st.

I have tried to find a photo and have not been able to, but there is a photo in the print version of the article.

Take notice that the arichitect/ developer, Bob Ellis, mentions that he is designing another 14 story for an undisclosed client.  That building will be downtown as well.

This building will have office condos, residential condos, retail, and a penthouse health club.

Brad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just read the article about The Pinnacle in Greenvilleonline myself. I know it will be at the corner of N. Main and Elford....I can't figure out where......there are already buildings on three corners and the old cemetery on the fourth. At 14 floors, this will a very nice addition to Greenville's skyline!

I did a google search and found a free hosting place that took just two min to sign up and upload the image.  I should have just tried that to begin with.

b3b.jpg

Brad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the pic and the map. Looks great! Any idea who the health club on top will be owned by? National chain? Local?

I'm really enthusiastic about the upcoming development going on in downtown. The greatest thing about this new building is that they are trying to keep the style of what we have already. I think that by keeping a level density in the central area, that will bring more people, more commerce, etc. I would venture to say I would like to see another street that is parallel to Main St as a shopping/commercial strip. One thing that I would like to see is the shopping center where the baby BiLo on Main @ Park bring in a new type of store, mixing both the good things from Walgreens and a 24 hr WalMart. Not that I want Wally World downtown, but when I lived on North Main, it was truely an innconvenince trying to get to Eckerd before 9PM and Bilo around the same time. It is a densely populated area that could be a great model for urban development. With the Village @ Townes, I would love living there, being able to walk to the stores and restaurants in the area. It's also a very calm and green area. But again, if we can continue to develop an urban skyline that would mirror what we have now, and not what is in Atlanta, with the sheets of glass and steel, but replicate the Commerce Building on South Main across from City Hall. The style of that blows my mind, and if we replicate and keep the height roughly no more than 25 - 30 stories, and create a visually dense area that can been seen, people will flock to our area. Remember, if you build it, they will come. Greenville can be the greatest place in the world to live. Can't believe that I used to want to live in Atlanta.

Now that I can finally see that image there, I can't say that I"m overly impressed. Its a weird combination of briks and glass. Hopefully that is just a reliminary rendering, and the final one has yet to be decided on.

I like what jarvis said about creating a small skyline that is dense.