New Greenville developments

gs3

That's the piece I was thinking of. Just have to go vertical! :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is a significant announcement to be made in the near future regarding both Michelin on Main and a local television station. I have seen the plans and know exactly what is going on. It should definitely be a winner for the entire Upstate.

Can you give us any more info? This sounds good.

sounds like WYFF might try to do a "Today Show" thing where we can all stand outside and gawk at the camera.

:camera:

If that is not what 'it' is, they should do it anyway. That would be an excellent idea. WYFF has had a 'For Sale' sign on their property for a very long time. Them having a broadcast studio like Today would be very cool.

A couple of things I noticed today:

A Sign on the street level of the Park Place building (Main St across from Port City Java) said something about a Cigar and Martini Bar.

The vacant space between Quizno's and Azalea's or whatever it is called in Wachovia Place had a Public Notice sign in it.

A couple of things I noticed today:

A Sign on the street level of the Park Place building (Main St across from Port City Java) said something about a Cigar and Martini Bar.

The vacant space between Quizno's and Azalea's or whatever it is called in Wachovia Place had a Public Notice sign in it.

H2H Halfway to Habana is the Cigar Lounge that will move into a ground-floor space. They are moving from their current location next door, if my information is correct.

Edited by Skyliner

This is a great piece of property, but isn't it really tiny? Doesn't seem like much would fit. We are talking about the triangle piece of property in the center of all the streets?

The property is not that small,The city has moved to abandon the street that cuts

across the center of the land, I'm not sure of the name [Earle st. ext. maybe ?]

But anyway there are Intent to abandon street singes, on the corners.

Edited by maninthepark

The property is not that small,The city has moved to abandon the street that cuts

across the center of the land, I'm not sure of the name [Earl st. ext. maybe ?]

Yes, I remember reading that the city was abandoning Earle Street Ext. also. However, I don't remember any specific development being mentioned in conjunction with the closing.

Yes, I remember reading that the city was abandoning Earle Street Ext. also. However, I don't remember any specific development being mentioned in conjunction with the closing.

crescentmoon, I haven't seen anything about a specific development, and I don't think I said I have.

I was just saying that this piece of land will be larger with the street closed.

crescentmoon, I haven't seen anything about a specific development, and I don't think I said I have.

I was just saying that this piece of land will be larger with the street closed.

Yes. I understood that. Sorry if it appeared otherwise. I just meant to confirm your comment and point out that where I got the information also didn't name a specific development. I too have heard rumors of a Bloom in this vicinity, but with no specific location named.

The triangle there between Wade Hampton, Stone, and Column St is about 3 acres. In between Column St, and Church St, the same developer owns another 5+/- acres. In the middle of this 5 acre plot, there used to be a road that the city still owns that I am assuming was Earle St Ext. I think this is what the city will abandon. They may abandon Column St which splits the 2 properties, because it doesn't seem to be too useful.

across the center of the land, I'm not sure of the name [Earle st. ext. maybe ?]

Thanks MITP. I didn't realize the street would be abandoned. This does change the size of the property.

If that is not what 'it' is, they should do it anyway. That would be an excellent idea. WYFF has had a 'For Sale' sign on their property for a very long time. Them having a broadcast studio like Today would be very cool.

I have heard a similar rumor, except that I heard part of their show would be broadcast from their Spartanburg Bureau in the Montgomery Tower which, if they modified it correctly, would have a great view out over the intersection of St John St and Church St in the heart of Downtown. In all honesty, I really like that concept, and I would probably watch more just because of that.

In Columbia, WOLO (ABC) has live broadcasts from in front of their new studio at Main & Gervais infront of the State House, as does WIS. In Charlotte, I think, one of their stations has a studio that looks out over Trade & Tryon, which is really cool to me. I know it may seem trivial to many of you, but things like that really can make a difference- at least to the average viewer like me.