New Greenville developments

gs3

I have heard a similar rumor, except that I heard part of their show would be broadcast from their Spartanburg Bureau in the Montgomery Tower which, if they modified it correctly, would have a great view out over the intersection of St John St and Church St in the heart of Downtown. In all honesty, I really like that concept, and I would probably watch more just because of that.

In Columbia, WOLO (ABC) has live broadcasts from in front of their new studio at Main & Gervais infront of the State House, as does WIS. In Charlotte, I think, one of their stations has a studio that looks out over Trade & Tryon, which is really cool to me. I know it may seem trivial to many of you, but things like that really can make a difference- at least to the average viewer like me.

This is not the same thing you are talking about. This is definitely planned at the Michelin on Main location. The West End location I've mentioned will be perfect for what is planned. :thumbsup:

Your rumor does sound interesting though. I don't think that would be the best location for a live broadcast. It should be somewhere on Morgan Square.

This is not the same thing you are talking about. This is definitely planned at the Michelin on Main location. The West End location I've mentioned will be perfect for what is planned. :thumbsup:

Your rumor does sound interesting though. I don't think that would be the best location for a live broadcast. It should be somewhere on Morgan Square.

So, I'm assuming that this does relate to WYFF then?

I don't know what its called, but it may being doing well, that doesn't mean that a par 3 is highest and best use.

This is true, but Villa Road can't support much more traffic due to its poor condition and layout. Major changes would have to come with any development, because most anything would increase traffic.

I don't know what its called, but it may being doing well, that doesn't mean that a par 3 is highest and best use.

If it is Crosswinds, that is actually considered a pretty major par 3 course. They have lots of tournamnets, including some national ones I believe there. I do not think it is a bad use. Not everything can be covered with concrete and asphalt. Plus, anything with height would probably not work, as it is right in the flight line of the airport.

I would probably cry if Crosswinds shut down. Aside from the customer service there, the course is very enjoyable and in a great location, in my opinion. It is called Crosswinds because of its location at the end of the airport runway. Planes regularly fly right overhead. The course was actually designed by numerous golf professionals. Each hole was designed individually by a seperate pro. :shades:

I would probably cry if Crosswinds shut down. Aside from the customer service there, the course is very enjoyable and in a great location, in my opinion. It is called Crosswinds because of its location at the end of the airport runway. Planes regularly fly right overhead. The course was actually designed by numerous golf professionals. Each hole was designed individually by a seperate pro. :shades:

Exactly! Great par 3 in great place. It is kinda cool to watch the planes and jets overhead.

G-man posted something on another site (makes me think of Sexy South Pittsburgh for some reason) that I wanted to also share here. I don't think he would mind, since he often asks people to post stuff for him here. Two things:

1. Expect a big announcement in the coming weeks about the multi-modal hub on Pleasantburg near the Carolina First Center.

2. Dunkin' Donuts is looking at a location downtown.

Both are great things, I think! :thumbsup:

P.S. Thanks g-man. :)

Dunkin' Donuts > Krispy Kreme. :P

Only if you're a "Yankee." There's nothing like seeing the Hot Donut's Now sign, watching those things get the sugar coating on the assembly line and smelling that great Krispy Kreme yeast smell from miles away! KK is melt in your mouth goodness wheras Dunkin's are more "cakey". Well to each their own.

I personally enjoy both places the very few occasional times I actually visit them. I welcome another DD to Greenville, and downtown will be a successful location, no doubt. I recommend an alternative if anyone is up to the idea: visit Paris Cafe and try a few of their pastries sometime. IMO, they are better than any doughnut ever made by DD or KK. :thumbsup: