New Greenville developments

gs3

The triangle there between Wade Hampton, Stone, and Column St is about 3 acres. In between Column St, and Church St, the same developer owns another 5+/- acres. In the middle of this 5 acre plot, there used to be a road that the city still owns that I am assuming was Earle St Ext. I think this is what the city will abandon. They may abandon Column St which splits the 2 properties, because it doesn't seem to be too useful.

I truly hope that Column Street doesn't get abandoned...I use it every day to get from Wade Hampton to Stone Ave South. Just imagine a well thought-out pedestrian bridge connecting the two parcels of land that Column Street splits. On my way to work this morning I noticed flagging and several stakes on the larger parcel. Anyone know of a new development? It appears to be associated with a structure survey or maybe even pre construction geotechnical borings. I hope that whatever it is, it is attractive and taller than 2 stories. This is the Gateway to the City for people traveling into town on Wade Hampton Blvd. :)

Vaughn Russell Candy kitchen, will open its second store in Greenville, in the small shop

on the river walk, in the Hampton Inn building. Its the shop closest to Art Crossing.

And should be open within two weeks.

The shop next to it has been leased to an ice cream shop.

I'm excited about Vaughn Russell's opening at Riverplace, but I was hoping for some retail. I guess Ice Cream works as long as Spill The Beans remains. :thumbsup:

I'm excited about Vaughn Russell's opening at Riverplace, but I was hoping for some retail. I guess Ice Cream works as long as Spill The Beans remains. :thumbsup:

I've not been impressed by the ice cream at Spill the Beans. Even if I parked in the parking space right in front of Spill the Beans, I'd still walk to the Marble Slab for ice cream. Personally, I don't understand the draw unless its the coffee.

I've not been impressed by the ice cream at Spill the Beans. Even if I parked in the parking space right in front of Spill the Beans, I'd still walk to the Marble Slab for ice cream. Personally, I don't understand the draw unless its the coffee.

:o Are you kidding? I'm going to close my ears. :P They raised their prices, again, which I don't like, but I can't stay away. It's all in the combination. Even the one in Clemson has been a huge success, despite its location on a hard to find side street by itself. :)

I sorry to have to agree with you, NYT. The shop is excellent, but I am not a big fan of Mayfield ice cream. Marble Slab Creamery has superior flavor, in my opinion. However, I am very glad there is a nice coffee/ice cream shop directly across from Falls Park on the Reedy. :thumbsup:

:o Are you kidding? I'm going to close my ears. :P They raised their prices, again, which I don't like, but I can't stay away. It's all in the combination. Even the one in Clemson has been a huge success, despite its location on a hard to find side street by itself. :)

What are you basing that statement on? I'm not disagreeing, just curious to know what you've heard. I'll add I've only been in there a few times and it was pretty dead, but it could have been off hours.

(I think Marble Slab is better too.)

Perhaps you missed what I said. I love Spill the Beans. It is a great coffee/ice cream shop and in a perfect location. It is the Mayfield ice cream that I am not a big fan of. That hasn't kept me away from StB though. I love Marble Slab Creamery for its flavor. :shades:

Edited by Skyliner

What are you basing that statement on? I'm not disagreeing, just curious to know what you've heard. I'll add I've only been in there a few times and it was pretty dead, but it could have been off hours.

(I think Marble Slab is better too.)

I've heard nothing to base this on, but on my visits I typically see lines close to the door or out the door. It's definitely a favorite over Ben & Jerry's among students that I've talked to and know.

A 4-plus acre piece of property on North Pleasantburg Drive will be auctioned in May. This property is currently the location of the Gospel Hour facility, between Wade Hampton and Rutherford Road. It is a nice location for mixed-use development, or just high density residential.

Also, there is only one remaining commercial space for sale in the Poinsett Corners development downtown. :thumbsup:

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned on here, but I've not been through all of the threads yet since I've been back. There's a 9-story condo tower in the works for South Main and Court Streets (presumably the lot adjacent to Bellacino's)?

FULL STORY from the Greenville News.

Edit: Nevermind. I see now it's been mentioned in this thread.

Edited by RestedTraveler

The TBA section of the Journal tells of a Florida company has recently bought 7 acres off of Academy in the West End (beside the Kroc Center?), and could build a mixed use project on the site. Now this could be a huge boon for the area, and for DT as a whole. Thoughts?

This isn't the thing that's transpiring across from St Francis is it? If not, then this is even better news for the area, especially with the Brownstones going up right there, too.

April Agenda -- Design & Preservation Commission

The City of Greenville

Public Notice

To: Neighborhood association representatives, owners of property located within 150 feet of the following applications, registered email recipients

Subject: Upcoming Applications for the Design & Preservation Commission

Date: April 18, 2007

The City of Greenville Design & Preservation Commission (DPC) will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, May 3, 2007, at 4:00 p.m. in the 10th floor Council Chambers at City Hall, for the purpose of considering the following applications.

CA 07-34 A request by Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop to allow three exposed-neon window signs and two lighted window signs at 141 East McBee Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

CA 07-26 A request by Lisa Lanni of Pazdan-Smith Group to construct a new eight-story mixed-use building garage at 133 South Main Street (northeast corner of Main and Court Streets) in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

You may review documents relating to these applications before the public hearing. These documents are available in the Planning & Development Office on the 5th floor of City Hall, 206 South Main Street, Greenville, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Additionally you may call the Planning & Development Office at (864) 467-4476 for more information on these applications. You may speak for or against an application at the Public Hearing, where a total of five minutes will be allotted for all comments in support and a total of five minutes will be allotted for all comments in opposition. Additionally you may submit written comments prior to noon on the date of the meeting to Marie Faircloth, Planning & Development Office, P.O. Box 2207, Greenville, SC 29602, or by fax at (864) 467-4510, or by email at [email protected]. Please reference the application number on all correspondence.

Applications for Preliminary Comments may be accepted by the Design and Preservation Commission up to three days before any regular or special meeting, whether or not they are included on the public notice for such meeting. A revised agenda will be posted at the meeting location at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.

Edited by g-man430

On the upcoming April DPC agenda:

CA 07-26 A request by Lisa Lanni of Pazdan-Smith Group to construct a new eight-story mixed-use building garage at 133 South Main Street (northeast corner of Main and Court Streets) in the in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

Just how much of this building is going to be garage, I wonder?

On the upcoming April DPC agenda:

CA 07-26 A request by Lisa Lanni of Pazdan-Smith Group to construct a new eight-story mixed-use building garage at 133 South Main Street (northeast corner of Main and Court Streets) in the in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

Just how much of this building is going to be garage, I wonder?

This is the Harper/Furman project. I understood there would be one level of below grade parking.

Somebody mentioned this project here on UP, but can't find the post.

New development at Georgia Road and I-385 called "Georgia Road Commons". On the East side of 385. Will have retail, hotel and a restaurant row. Not sure of the developer or any possible tenants. Anyone have info?