New Greenville developments

gs3

So the former Winn Dixie plant site on Wade Hampton Boulevard will now be home to one of the nation's largest producers of private label fruit juices. Sounds nice, only the company is simply moving from Greer to Taylors.

Good news. :thumbsup: Never even knew such a company had a large operation here. Must be growing quickly....170 employees now, up from 50 in 2004. :thumbsup:

Was in town for a brief bit of time today. There is a lot of red clay that has been turned on the Greenville Tech Campus. Are there plans for anything, or does anyone know what's going on? It's on the Cleveland Street side between the river and the Child Development center.

^^^Nope. Has construction started on that building that is to include a Port City Java at the intersection of N. Pleasantburg Drive and Cleveland Street? Normally, you're in Clemson and i'm in Greenville. Today, it was the complete opposite. I was in Clemson and you were in Greenville. :silly:

Edited by g-man430

Greenville leaders are hoping to make the most of an $8.5 million federally funded plan to help with the increasing demand placed on area roads as newcomers continue flooding in. Interchanges on I-85 need to be rebuilt, while other roadways need widening or restructuring. Plans also include adding bike lanes to many roads along the I-85 corridor. :)

GreenvilleOnline.com

Greenville leaders are hoping to make the most of an $8.5 million federally funded plan to help with the increasing demand placed on area roads as newcomers continue flooding in. Interchanges on I-85 need to be rebuilt, while other roadways need widening or restructuring. Plans also include adding bike lanes to many roads along the I-85 corridor. :)

GreenvilleOnline.com

Speaking of bike lanes, I read somewhere (Greenville Journal?) that Fairforest Way is set to undergo an overhaul that will bring it up to the same "complete road" status that Millennium Bourlevard is in ICAR/Millennium Campus. The plan is to eventually have continuous bike lanes from Mauldin Road to Woodruff Road, according to the same source I read.

Bike lanes should already in the plans for Verdae's streets and Carolina Point Parkway (to Millenium Boulevard).

The first objective is updating several high priority key interchanges on Interstate 85: Interstate 385, Woodruff Road, and Laurens Road.

Speaking of bike lanes, I read somewhere (Greenville Journal?) that Fairforest Way is set to undergo an overhaul that will bring it up to the same "complete road" status that Millennium Bourlevard is in ICAR/Millennium Campus. The plan is to eventually have continuous bike lanes from Mauldin Road to Woodruff Road, according to the same source I read.

A four lane tree lined median corridor with bike lanes from Mauldin to Woodruff roads connecting the global business park, ICAR, and The Point, and serving as a pleasant alternative to Interstate 85 moves closer to reality. Plans also include a traffic signal (the arm kinds) at the Maudlin Road and Ridge Road intersections. The stretch from Ridge to Laurens Road will undergo widening to four lanes with a planter box median going in.

Edited by BoDragon

I dont really know where to put this, but does anyone know what is gonna be going on the old Beck Academy site? Drove by today during lunch and it looks like a lot more than just the typical demolition. There is a nice size square hole that looks like the making of some sort of foundation, havent heard of anything going on this site, just curious.

I dont really know where to put this, but does anyone know what is gonna be going on the old Beck Academy site? Drove by today during lunch and it looks like a lot more than just the typical demolition. There is a nice size square hole that looks like the making of some sort of foundation, havent heard of anything going on this site, just curious.

I think that is going to be Sterling Elementary.

Anyone hear anything new about the cancer survivors park? I had kinda forgotten about this one, then saw the renderings in a DT storefront the other day, and remembered how nice of a project this looks to be. This seems to be another one of the twilight zone projects, yet would be a great addition! :dontknow:

Is it just me, or have those renderings changed since a photo of them was first posted on here ages ago?

Is the Collins Corner development not happening anymore? (corner of South Pleasantburg and Cleveland Street)

The retaining wall is still going in, but the development sign is gone and a "For Sale or Ground Lease" sign is in its place. It also says "ready for development" or "building" or something... Anyone know? :dontknow:

OK...will have to take your word for it since I can't find the photo to save my life, but the renderings that are now in that window don't look like the ones that were there a few weeks ago.

After peeping into the window again, yesterday, I can confirm that they are indeed the same renderings I saw just before the photo was posted on UP. :thumbsup:

May not seem like a big deal to some, but have any of you driven by the new Walgreens on Pelham (in the Patewood Hospital area)? Just saw it tonight for the first time since the foundation was going in. Wow!! It doesn't look like any Walgreens I've seen in this area. Lots of stone......residential in feel (you almost don't realize it's commercial retail)......very UNDERstated.......landscaping for days. I guess I find this a big deal because the city flexed it's muscle and didn't allow Walgreens to build their typical neon enriched, eyesore type location. Go Greenville!!! :thumbsup: Flex that muscle!! Make all those big box and chain retailers tow the line!!!!!! :D

May not seem like a big deal to some, but have any of you driven by the new Walgreens on Pelham (in the Patewood Hospital area)? Just saw it tonight for the first time since the foundation was going in. Wow!! It doesn't look like any Walgreens I've seen in this area. Lots of stone......residential in feel (you almost don't realize it's commercial retail)......very UNDERstated.......landscaping for days. I guess I find this a big deal because the city flexed it's muscle and didn't allow Walgreens to build their typical neon enriched, eyesore type location. Go Greenville!!! :thumbsup: Flex that muscle!! Make all those big box and chain retailers tow the line!!!!!! :D

I saw it for the first time when I was in Greenville this weekend, and I agree that it looks great. Very impressive design. I'm sure they are banking on filling plenty of prescriptions from the new Patewood Memorial Hospital. ;)

There's another small highlight I intended to mention some time back after seeing the building for the first time. Not bad for a stand-alone drug store. :thumbsup:

Edit: You guys usually beat me to posting these small infill projects. I really appreciate it since I would likely never get around to it. :lol:

Edited by Skyliner