New Greenville developments

gs3

Has anyone else seen the new tiny drive-thru coffee shop about to open on North Pleasantburg Drive (near Wade Hampton Blvd.)? It is called, "Brick House Coffee," and apparently they have a location in Simpsonville already. Anyone know how they compare to Port City Java in variety and quality?

The one in Simpsonville is on Main Street on Anita's Mexican Resturant's property. Didn't know they were bigger than that.

Have you all seen the new downtown city sign(s) with info about things to do around town? The carriage rides, pedicabs, and walking tours are the current additions. :shades:

I've seen one of them (at West Camperdown and South Main Street). I got a lousy photo of it over the weekend and managed to get a better one this evening. I'll post it shortly for the out-of-towners.

Has anyone else seen the new tiny drive-thru coffee shop about to open on North Pleasantburg Drive (near Wade Hampton Blvd.)? It is called, "Brick House Coffee," and apparently they have a location in Simpsonville already. Anyone know how they compare to Port City Java in variety and quality?

Really good coffee. I tried the one on Fairview Road in Simpsonville.....fun and lively people who work there. They obviously partake of their product as they had an amazing energy level. :lol:

I like it better than Port City, but less than Java Jolt.

The building appears to have been designed so that it could easily be moved to a different location if need be. :dontknow:

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but can't remember. Does anyone know what is being built in front of HH Gregg on Woodruff Road? There is a partial built structure that has remained the same for a while now. Any idea what this is going to be? :dontknow:

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but can't remember. Does anyone know what is being built in front of HH Gregg on Woodruff Road? There is a partial built structure that has remained the same for a while now. Any idea what this is going to be? :dontknow:

I have no idea...it's been sitting there for quite a while. The construction is at an odd angle, too, and it seems to be familiar for some reason, but I still can't quite place it.

Happened to be on Henderson Road this morning (haven't been down it in a while) and was shocked at the Preserve at Parkins Mill. Phase one looks almost complete. Signs are up for phase two. Traffic circle has been added to Henderson Road. This is just about a block off Laurens behind the Mazda dealership. Nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thought we had a construction thread for this, but couldn't find it. :dontknow:

A couple of quick photos:

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

Nice! I'm glad Mauldin is stepping up their game. Even though Greenville's adjacent sign is just on metal poles, I'm not sure it can be rivalled. Hopefully it will be nice and classy though, and not have the small town look. You know the ones that have all of the city's clubs and what not. Think Fountain Inn...

Everyone that I have talked to who has been to the Super Bilo at Verdae said it's been outrageously crowded every time. I'm sure it's the new factor, but it's also a great location. I wonder how long it will be before some competition comes in and takes an empty box on Laurens. :dontknow:

The new Super Bi-Lo in Simpsonville looks like it is ready to open. Should be soon.

DSC02880.jpg

Yes, the Gresham Plaza Super Bi-Lo opens Wednesday.

Per Progressive Grocer, two locations in Greenville and Pelzer will convert to Super Bi-Lo.

Per The Greenville News, the Pelham Road and Woodruff Road, Greenville, and Woodruff Road, Simponville, locations may become Super Bi-Lo.

Everyone that I have talked to who has been to the Super Bilo at Verdae said it's been outrageously crowded every time. I'm sure it's the new factor, but it's also a great location. I wonder how long it will be before some competition comes in and takes an empty box on Laurens. :dontknow:

Where exactly is the new Bi Lo verdae?