New Greenville developments

gs3

Ya my company is doing this project. It should have started a long long long time ago, but the sewer spat between Taylors and Western Carolina put it on hold for a very long time.

Thanks. Is this development mixed use with retail, offices and housing?

Per Progressive Grocer, two locations in Greenville and Pelzer will convert to Super Bi-Lo.

I went to the Pelzer Bi-Lo the day of the grand re-opening. They were still working on the finishing touches, trying to make everything perfect. Something slipped under their radar, though, and I managed to snap a picture of it with my cellphone.

654722967_c0705ee217.jpg

The sign's still up, too. :D

On WYFF4, they just had a story on about the new piece of art work on Stone Ave and what it could mean for the area. The bright yellow sculpture seems kind of funny to me sitting in the middle of the lot. I guess all it needs is buildings around it and something to help better integrate it with the street maybe. I guess pedestrian activity is what they're trying to acheive with this and is what what will also make this not look so funny. But that's besides the point.

Unfortunately, the story said little about the area's future, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on the 6 condos called Park Place on Main? They have been working on them for some time now but there is not much info on the pazdan-smith site. I am wondering what the floorplans and prices are going to look like.

Those are the slowest developing buildings I have ever seen. If had bought one of the units, I would be pissed. They have taken forever and are still not even close to being done.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed this a week or so ago and think I forgot to post. Not sure, may have posted. Where is my memory.......

Anyway, Bob Jones University has totally redone the Main Entrance to the campus off Wade Hampton. Gone is the 60's "Star Trek" entrance, and now in its place is a new very clean, modern looking, landscaped entrance. Really looks nice. Congrats to BJU for modernizing and moving with the times. :thumbsup:

Ladies and gents, that's the first...and last...time you will ever hear that phrase.

:lol: True.

But you gotta give credit where credit is due.

I was shocked to see the new entrance....it's much more welcoming and less cold and prison like. You can read much into that change............

Now if they would just remove the gigantic "BOB JONES UNIVERSITY" from the front of the Rodeheaver Auditorium and put the name of the University on the wall at the front gate instead... :rolleyes:

Something's gotta replace this guy:

9.jpg

Here is more information on the Welcome Center project.

Edited by RestedTraveler

The upstate cooperation discussion got me thinking about possible ways for the cities of the upstate to work together. Namely Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson. What if each city created 2 squares in their downtown. Each one named for the other 'sister' cities. Kind of like the idea behind Piazza Bergamo. Honoring them and their importance to that particular city, yet also creating an attraction and a source for investment and revitalization. For example, Greenville would have Anderson Square and Spartanburg Square. Their location in each downtown would be up to the city for strategic placement to generate growth in the urban core. Perhaps each square would have some sort of tribute to its namesake city, whether it be a piece of architecture, statue or another centerpiece of some sort... It'd be a symbolic gesture, but also something that could have a BIG impact.

Anyway, just got to thinking...

^Or maybe there could just be one gathering area called Upstate Square or Upstate Plaza where the Upstate as a whole is the focus, with emphases on not just Anderson and Spartanburg, but also Clemson and all of the little quaint towns (Landrum, Seneca, etc.) and the lakes and foothills that define the region, etc.

The upstate cooperation discussion got me thinking about possible ways for the cities of the upstate to work together. Namely Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson. What if each city created 2 squares in their downtown. Each one named for the other 'sister' cities. Kind of like the idea behind Piazza Bergamo. Honoring them and their importance to that particular city, yet also creating an attraction and a source for investment and revitalization. For example, Greenville would have Anderson Square and Spartanburg Square. Their location in each downtown would be up to the city for strategic placement to generate growth in the urban core. Perhaps each square would have some sort of tribute to its namesake city, whether it be a piece of architecture, statue or another centerpiece of some sort... It'd be a symbolic gesture, but also something that could have a BIG impact.

Anyway, just got to thinking...

Before long we may not have a chance to resist such a regional cooperation because we could end up as another Hampton Roads, VA. That would really be bad though, unless we can develop an image that would be attractive to everyone out there.

"Here comes another one!" :lol:

20 South Main Street could experience a drastic change in the coming months (years) if this plan moves forward. The existing 2-story structure would be demolished and replaced with 4-story mixed-use structure, including retail on the ground level. This project will be connected to the future project next door, and will share connectivity via one main entrance. The owner of both buildings plans to adhere to the fabric of Main Street and enhance that portion with new life. In case you are wondering where this location is, it is directly across from Wachovia Place (Port City Java). :good:

Read more.