New Greenville developments

gs3

"Here comes another one!" :lol:

20 South Main Street could experience a drastic change in the coming months (years) if this plan moves forward. The existing 2-story structure would be demolished and replaced with 4-story mixed-use structure, including retail on the ground level. This project will be connected to the future project next door, and will share connectivity via one main entrance. The owner of both buildings plans to adhere to the fabric of Main Street and enhance that portion with new life. In case you are wondering where this location is, it is directly across from Wachovia Place (Port City Java). :good:

Read more.

If this is the building I'm thinking it is, almost anything could be an improvement over what's there now. Thanks, Skyliner!

"Here comes another one!" :lol:

20 South Main Street could experience a drastic change in the coming months (years) if this plan moves forward. The existing 2-story structure would be demolished and replaced with 4-story mixed-use structure, including retail on the ground level. This project will be connected to the future project next door, and will share connectivity via one main entrance. The owner of both buildings plans to adhere to the fabric of Main Street and enhance that portion with new life. In case you are wondering where this location is, it is directly across from Wachovia Place (Port City Java). :good:

Read more.

Wow. This sounds great. More density, more uses, losing an ugly, non-descript, out-of-place building. Since the owner has already had success with the building next door, hopefully this will happen pretty quick.

:good:

Wow. This sounds great. More density, more uses, losing an ugly, non-descript, out-of-place building. Since the owner has already had success with the building next door, hopefully this will happen pretty quick.

:good:

This is not totally new to the boards, this is the demolition of Halfway to Habana that is why they have been building a new place nextdoor. This is part of the parkplace condo project that has been going on for a while now.

Of all the good projects NIMBY's have killed, why did they not have success killing this horrible project. We don't need another Wal-Mart. :sick: And Wal-Mart officials are using the term "upscale" to describe the new store???? :lol: Last time I checked, "Wal-Mart" and "upscale" were mutually exclusive terms.

Article from the GV News:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...2/1003/BUSINESS

I'm confused here.....the old Beck Academy moved to Woodruff Road in a brand new building. The old school was torn down. Now another school is being built on the spot of the old Beck. What is the name of this school?

DSC03207.jpg

I'm pretty sure the site on McAlister Road will be Sterling Elementary, as well as the Charles Townes Center. The CTC is the gifted education center for elementary aged students.

I thought this may interest y'all.... Groucho's Deli just announced that they are opening a location in Spartanburg, and the article includes this statement which says they will likely open a location in Greenville soon.

"The franchise agreement would require him to open another location, most likely in Greenville, within 18 months."

Herald-Journal

I thought this may interest y'all.... Groucho's Deli just announced that they are opening a location in Spartanburg, and the article includes this statement which says they will likely open a location in Greenville soon.

"The franchise agreement would require him to open another location, most likely in Greenville, within 18 months."

Herald-Journal

Didn't Groucho's give Greenville a run already? On Augusta Rd next to schlotzsky's (sp?). It was a bad location because of the local support for that particular Schlotzsky's. A downtown location would be better for them, but they may need to distance their image with USC to be truly successful. Playing the local card of Furman would help.

Didn't Groucho's give Greenville a run already? On Augusta Rd next to schlotzsky's (sp?). It was a bad location because of the local support for that particular Schlotzsky's. A downtown location would be better for them, but they may need to distance their image with USC to be truly successful. Playing the local card of Furman would help.

There is a Groucho's in downtown Charleston as well, just off of King Street. It isn't bad.

I'm not sure about a past Groucho's, but Groucho's image with USC alumni will be important because there are alot of USC alumns in the area. I don't think thats going to kill their business though. Its not like USC started the thing, they just happened to start in Columbia. I agree that a downtown (maybe West End) location would be ideal for them.

I assume this is obviously in addition to the proposed Ottaray development, right? That part of the county is really beginning to take off in terms of suburban sprawl. Fortunately at least a few of the larger new developments are following more sustainable master plans.

Edited by Skyliner

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed today this new little drive-thru coffee place had popped up at Laurens and North (in the old Clock parking lot). Anyone tried it?

DSC03352.jpg

I saw another one of these somewhere recently in town (not the same location as you've listed here, though I don't recall exactly where it was). It looks as though these can be relocated on a whim using a pallet jack or fork lift.

Another one that's been opening permanent building locations in the area (Simpsonville, Pleasantburg, etc.) is Brick House Coffee.

Antone know what isgoing on with this construction in front of HH Gregg? This construction site has been like this for many months with this half complete structure. What is this suppose to be be? Did something happen....developers run out of money? No construction workers are ever on site, and this project continues to sit half complete. :dontknow:

DSC03366.jpg