New Greenville developments

gs3

That last statement is very true. The Reedy, as it flows through Greenville, is really not a beautiful one when compared with other rivers and streams flowing through quaint towns and cities I've been to. Somehow there needs to be stricter governing on what is done to the grounds that water spills into it from. Some of the neighborhoods in this article have been a major contribution to the problem of pollutants and debris entering the river. I can't stand passing any river or stream in town and seeing trash and other unsightly objects sticking out of the water. Ms. Fleming was right when she stated the importance to further development that a clean river would make. :)

There was a very nice article in today's Greenville News about the anticipation of great things to come in the West End. Here's a small clip to whet your appetite... :)

"...The West End will take on a new look over the next few years, business owners and Realtors say, giving residents all over Greenville County not only a baseball team but a host of new entertainment options..."

I'm so excited at what I am already seeingdown there. Come Spring it will inevitably be bustling with curious pedestrians. :D

Read all of the article here!

WYFF had a ICAR update on the news today, the showed an arial of the BMW Information Tech Building, here is a screen shot from their website.

4243716_200X150.jpg

The following image is a map of ICAR from the ICAR website, all the properties marked Rosen are the Mellenium Campus. The WYFF site says the Hubble Lighting has started construction on their new headquarters which is on the Mellenium Campus.

map1103.gif

The Millenium Campus is just a supplemental development used to attract other businesses that may not necessarily be connected with ICAR or even auto research and development. The Hubble HQ site is located somewhere in the blue area at the top of the map. The previous reports had said that it would be next to I-85, but I haven't seen any construction in that area from the interstate yet. I did notice that there may be some clearing going on where Hubble might be building its new HQ, but I'm not positive that is the definite location (its easy to get turned around sometimes :wacko::D ).

More info on Shops at Greenridge, just across the street..

Go to www.google.com and type in shops greenridge

This is a list of stores so far...

Store Tenant Sq. Ft.

Bldg. M Barnes & Noble 26,000

Bldg. A Best Buy 45,700

M4-1600 Brixx Pizza 3,504

M4-1602 Coldstone Creamery 1,351

Bldg. B Dick's Sporting Goods 48,490

M1-1905 Great Clips 1,132

M4-1604 Hand Picked 1,286

Bldg. G Linens 'N Things 28,908

Bldg. L Lowe's Home Improvement 116,000

Bldg. E Marshalls 55,000

Bldg. I Off Broadway Shoes 20,000

Bldg. C Office Max 20,000

Bldg. D PETsMART 30,000

M5-1700 Panera Bread 5,725

Bldg. F Ross 30,000

Bldg. M, N & O Small Shop Space Available 31,068

M3-1820 Talbots 10,527

Bldg. J Total Wine 25,000

M1-1900 Ulta Salon 10,070

Bldg. H World Market 18,300

M4-1605 Yankee Candle 1,606

It makes more sense on the website, also shows a map.

Office Max and Best Buy are relocating from Laurens Rd. Talbots is relocating form the Greenville Mall, and Lowe's is relocating from Roper Mountain Rd.

I don't think that is an actual PETsMART I hear the it is a PETsMART Pets Hotel.

Also, didn't some one mention that there was a cluster of four restaurants to be included. Where two of them not PF Chang's and Cheese Cake Fatory? I think I remember someone posting that.

I know...I expected more new-to-Greenville stores....not just relocations, which is the majority of the new stores.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, look at the positive side here...many of these are ADDITIONAL locations giving GV multiple locations....that shows a strong and growing market. There are only 5 relocations, not bad considering the size of Greenridge.

Here's the breakdown from what I know on Greenridge:

Barnes & Noble: This is an additonal store

Best Buy: Relocation

Brixx Pizz: New to market

Coldstone Creamery: New to market

Dicks Sporting Goods: New to market (GV that is, one in Spartanburg).

Great Clips: This is an additional store

Hand Picked: New to market

Linens & Things: New to market

Lowe's: Relocation

Marshalls: Relocation

Off Broadway: New to market

Office Max: Relocation

Petsmart: This is an additional store

Panera Bread: This is an additional store

Ross: This an additional store

Talbots: Relocation of GV Mall store (Will keep second store on Augusta Road).

Total Wine: New to market

Ulta: New to market

World Market: New to market

Yankee Candle: New to market

On the Lowes relocation, word is that the old location on Roper Mountain will be redeveloped as a Publix (majority of the building) and some smaller shops.

Also announcements should be forthcoming about additional Greenridge stores:

Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill and a yet to be named Asian fusion version of Lieu's, owned by Peter of Lieu's.

On World Market, I found this little clip they posted at monster.com...

joblogo.gif

Who we are

Cost Plus World Market is a spirited, eclectic and wildly different retailer that turns shopping into an adventure by continually filling aisle after aisle with great finds at great prices from around the world. Our buyers travel the world visiting remote villages, centuries-old factories and foreign bazaars searching for unique products to offer our customers. Baskets from Bali, chocolates from Belgium, pottery from Portugal, and wine from around the world. These are just a few of the uncommon treasures our customers will discover on their adventure through our store.

Website Link

The world market is an awsome store. They have alot of imported things (obviuosly) but its good stuff. My particular intrest was in their candy selection. Alot of foriegn candy that you just can't find anywhere else :) They also have furniture and decorations and things like that. Its a cool store.

After looking at the site plan I am kind of dissappointed, I was thinking it would be more like Mount Pleasant's town center, but there is just some much paved space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a bit disappointing, but when you look at the layout of the property, it doesn't seem there is too much that could be done because of the great need for parking. That being said, I agree with you. :( I believe in making the MOST of every opportunity.

There was talk awhile back about the X7, which is supposed to be a larger, more "beefy" version of the X5. They said something about adding a third seat as well. This isn't what I recall seeing though, because the model in the photos looked more like a cross between the X5 and X3 with a rather sporty twist. :) I just can't remember...