New Greenville developments

gs3

Dolce Group is looking at both Greenville and Charlotte for restaurants, though I'm not sure which of their multiple brands. :thumbsup:

http://www.dolcegroup.com/bella/

Noticed today that the old Long John Silver / A&W on Augusta (at Grove intersection) has been torn down and the corner is being cleared. Anyone know the plans for this site?

I'll respond to myself. :w00t:

The site will be a Regions Bank branch.

I also heard that rumor - my rumor said Bloom.

That rumor has been out awhile now. I hope it's true. I've also heard they were going to the triangle across from Canal Insurance, at Stone and Wade Hampton. My guess is both have been under consideration, but only one site will be chosen.

I hope we find out something one way or another soon.

Is this in the DPC's zone? I would like to see Stone better connected down Main; with a grocery store and bank branch, I get worried that it's going to miss an opportunity to be pedestrian oriented...
No it is not in the central business district or any historic districts.

The new health and fitness facility that will front 385 at the Brookwood development, sounds like it will be pretty sweet. The story below talks about the technology / high tech aspect of the development, as well as other features. A restaurant, called Inergy, will be open to members and outsiders as well, and will serve healthy, high energy food.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9/1003/BUSINESS

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have info about "E" below???

To: Neighborhood Association Representatives and Owners of property located within 300 feet of the following application

Subject: Upcoming Application for the Planning Commission

Date: November 27, 2007

The City of Greenville Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 4:00 p.m. in the 10th floor Council Chambers at City Hall, for the purpose of considering the following applications:

E. Z 34-2007. Application of William H. McCauley, II in behalf of East Broad at Church, LLC to rezone approximately 0.824 acres of property located on East Broad Street at Church Street from RM-3, Multi-Family Residential, to C-4, Central Business, District (Tax Map # 0062000300105).

Anyone have info about "E" below???

To: Neighborhood Association Representatives and Owners of property located within 300 feet of the following application

Subject: Upcoming Application for the Planning Commission

Date: November 27, 2007

The City of Greenville Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 4:00 p.m. in the 10th floor Council Chambers at City Hall, for the purpose of considering the following applications:

E. Z 34-2007. Application of William H. McCauley, II in behalf of East Broad at Church, LLC to rezone approximately 0.824 acres of property located on East Broad Street at Church Street from RM-3, Multi-Family Residential, to C-4, Central Business, District (Tax Map # 0062000300105).

Isn't East Broad at Church somewhat "under" the Church Street bridge (i.e., adjacent to the elevated portion of the bridge)?

Isn't East Broad at Church somewhat "under" the Church Street bridge (i.e., adjacent to the elevated portion of the bridge)?

I believe this is the spot. The vacant piece of land across Broad from Northampton Wines, immediately up against the Church Street Bridge. Great site. Could be a nice site for a vertical, mixed use project.

The only thing under the Church Street Bridge on East Broad is a parking lot with a musical fountain. The lot in question is the one directly on the other side of the bridge from 200 E. Broad (where Pazdan-Smith's office is) and it is a great location for some vertical development, that's for sure.

Edited by RestedTraveler

At one time the Spagetti Warehouse was on East Broad right under the Bridge and later the Blue Ridge Brewing Company or something like that moved in. It's a real shame the Spagetti Warehouse moved out of there it was a pretty neat place in the early 90's. Ironically the Spagetti was my least favorite dish there bu that's beside the point. It was a neat location and I loved the interior of the place. I'm not sure what is in that building now. I think it was office space or a high end anitique place the last time I looked.

It was Northampton Wines for a while, but now I think it's an architectural firm.

DP3 has their offices there now. The beer place that was there was Big River Brewing Company. It was always packed when I was there. They said the reason they closed down was because of No Sunday alcohol sales. If they'd only been able to hold on a little longer.

It was Northampton Wines for a while, but now I think it's an architectural firm.

Isn't it both now?

I agree about the verticalness of the possible development on the site. If something with a lot of height and therefore a large population (whether it's daytime or nighttime) were to be built there, we could see the "West End Field" style spurring of growth on Broad Street -- meaning that infill would take place between the current pedestrian center and this development.

Edited by GvilleSC