New Greenville developments

gs3

Centenial now has information up on their website www.capllc.com about what they will be doing at the West End Ball Park Site. Here are some images.

Aerial%20RenderingLG.jpg

rendering%202.jpg

Site Plan, THe blue stuff must be the new construction.

siteplan.jpg

I don't like the fact that they have parking planned right along Augusta Rd. that could be very importan for more store fronts.

I wonder what that gray line is just behind the outfield wall? I thought they had mentioned a park going along the old railroad tracks. Oh well, everything really looks great otherwise! :thumbsup: Notice the sign on the building in the second rendering says, "MARKET." Looks like they're trying to attract a possible supermarket in the West End. Good idea. :)

The Edge really looks nice. I love the Craftsman era of homebuilding. Those kinds of homes never seem to lose their character. :) Where exactly are they supposed to be built on North Main?

The Edge really looks nice. I love the Craftsman era of homebuilding. Those kinds of homes never seem to lose their character.  Where exactly are they supposed to be built on North Main?

At Rotary Park, that is just a couple blocks from stone ave. If you drive N. Main towards Rutherford it will be on the left.

Actually Here is an arial of the area. I am not sure what all parcels it is, but it would be some of what is vacant on the left side of main, some of that is rotary park as well.

theedge.jpg

BTW notice that Greenville COunty just updated the GIS sytem to color photos from 2003 to replace b&w's from 1997

While I was looking for the site of the Edge I saw the location of the Pinnacle on Main and thought I would post that as well.

pinnacleonmain.jpg

Fantasitc. I wish Spartanburg would do the same. Its GIS program is behind the times these days. York, Richland, Lexington, and Horry I know have their 2003(or current) orthos up. Charleston, Beaufort, Berkely, and probably some others I am forgetting have them, but I am not sure how accessible they are.

Agreed. :thumbsup: Also, if you go down Broad to the next traffic light, there's a pretty large piece of property with only a party shop currently. I'd like to see something there.

Also, I believe it's Brown St. and Spring St. (?) near Coffee St. where there are some old small buildings piled up. This is another possibility for something big. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. One step at a time. :D

Lots of good news. Getting something on the Woolworth parcel would be fantastic.  It is the last real dead zone.  That Edge on North Main project is quite unique.  I live not far from it. 

I really do hope that a supermarket goes in the West End.  That would set things off nicely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any movement yet for this project that you see?

Which project and what kind of movement?

If you are reffering to The Edge, I am sure they wont begin anything till after the auction, with many of these projects a good auction determines weather or not they can get financing. If auction is poor project may never happen.

As for the ball park area, they seem to be doing site prep, looks like they are crushing up and removing conrete.

As for Woolworth, the GSA article mentions that they have some of the ownership undercontract and the developer with the contract is responsible to acquire the rest of the ownership.

I really feel that Greenville is going to hit a growth spurt here in the next 5 - 10 years. I'm currently in the midwest on business, and every town that I go to, people know about Greenville, and for some reason, they like what they've heard. But then again, the economy out here is horrid. People are just glad to have a $6.00 an hour job. I've got a few pics of the falls and downtown that I found on Webshots, and people are like "WOW" I think that we are going to see a surge in condo's and townhouses in the next few years. People are loving urban living. The one thing that I don't like about where I live when I'm back in Greenville, is the lack of a nearby grocery store that would be a neighborhood type deal. I've spoken before of the "baby Publix" on Hammond in the Dunwoody district. That would be great in the Augusta Rd area, I'm just lost as to where to put something like that. Anyways, I don't think that we're going to see many tall downtown towers built. But, then again, I'd rather see the density increase, and downtown expand east and southwest. I think that there is a shying away from overdoing office space in the downtown right now, so there probably won't be a new tower taller than 25 floors. Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

There is space for a grocery store in the West End plans. Rumor is that Publix is looking in the area, and I'm assuming that they are the "prospect" in mind for the West End. The city is planning to put in boulevard streetscaping on Church Street. There is the possibility that Publix might go there. My guess is it will be West End though.

But then again, the economy out here is horrid. People are just glad to have a $6.00 an hour job.

I think that we are going to see a surge in condo's and townhouses in the next few years. People are loving urban living.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Economy? Greenville has the lowest unemployment rate in SC.

I think we are already seeing the beginning of this boom. I have no doubt that their will be more :)