New Greenville developments

gs3

The unit size is still a moving target but it appears that the 1 bedroom will but a little over 900sqft. The two bedrooms will about 1250-1300sqft and the 3 bedrooms will be from 1350 to maybe one that is 1500.

About the highest price point for units in a complex of any kind is $1.25 per foot up to $1.30. You will find some condo units and top floor space on main st going for higher. I will be looking at $1.55 to a $1.60 per sqft so this is raising the bar significantly.

I am not sure what the asking price will be for the 100 East Development, but I know he got a pretty good deal on the land and I also know that them being able to go vertical will make the construction process cheaper. He might be balancing some of that out putting a pool on the roof but I am not sure.

I am working on a very basic website at the moment that should be up in about a week and hopefully I will be able to judge what kind of response people have to this price point with this location.

By the way, I would happily take any suggestions regarding names. I was going to use Cleveland Park Stables but that kind of rolls off the tongue like a bag of bricks.

This project did not get approval from the Planning Commission as most of you are aware. While it is NOT a done deal yet, I heard from a reliable source that someone plans to buy this land and donate it to the city, for I assume, an addition to Cleveland Park.

This project did not get approval from the Planning Commission as most of you are aware. While it is NOT a done deal yet, I heard from a reliable source that someone plans to buy this land and donate it to the city, for I assume, an addition to Cleveland Park.

That wouldn't be bad. It would be nice to have some high end apartments in the area around the park though. My girlfriend and I talk about wanting to live near there every time we walk the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Something that looking like the townhomes built near the park by the Rock Quarry Garden (I believe that's what it is called).

I have no inside info. but I would venture a guess that if the city were to agree to your offer, it would appear that the city was 'approving' your project before it could go to the Planning Commission and council for actual approval.

In other words a conflict of interest would potentially be created in their eyes, whereas receiving the entire parcel for public use would not.

Are you trying to pursue a different location for your project?

While it is NOT a done deal yet, I heard from a reliable source that someone plans to buy this land and donate it to the city, for I assume, an addition to Cleveland Park.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2012/MAY/Formal/5-29-2012/Item15b-Accept%20Donation%20of%202.5%20Acres%20on%20Woodland%20Way.pdf

Details on this. It looks that the property will close in June and that no new buildings can be constructed on the property. I wonder if the stables will be converted into something else or be demolished. it would seem they could be re-purposed in some way.

Edited by vicupstate

Here's Spinx's proposal for a "downtown market" across from Heritage Green. It's really hard to tell what it will be like, although they do seem to have done their homework and tried hard to make an appropriate proposal. I wonder what the folks of Hampton-Pinckney will have to say about this?

http://www.greenvill...56ButlerAve.pdf

The Planning Commission gave unaimous approval to rezone the two parcels in question for this project last night. I attended but arrived late. There were renderings shown, but I only got to see one of them. The one I saw was pretty impressive. It showed a 2-2.5 story structure with multiple 'facades'. I can only assume that the plans have continued to evolve since this was first submitted.

The commission seemed to base it's decision on whether the rezoning was genuinely compatible with the master plans for the area, and not so much on this particular submission. Both the neighbors and the commission desired to place restrictions on the design, such that what was shown would in fact be built. Unfortunately since the area is not in the Design Approval area, that was not an option.

The two neighborhood associations (Hampton-Pinckney and Heritage) both formally opposed the rezoning and the CON neighbors speaking outnumbered the PRO neighbors 2-1.

The next hurdle for Sphinx will be getting Zoning Board of Adjustments to approve an exception for a gas station to operate in a RDV (Redevelopment) zone. I think that will be the more difficult task for Sphinx, as opposed to last night's approval.

I personally am more impressed with the plans than I was previously, but I think the Design control area needs to expand to include more territory if parcels such as this are currently excluded.

If Sphinx builds what they have shown and it is successful, I think it will be a positive addition. My remaining fear is that one or both of those things doesn't happen. In that event this could evolve into a negative or at least not-positive addition.

Edited by vicupstate

The Planning Commission gave unaimous approval to rezone the two parcels in question for this project last night. I attended but arrived late. There were renderings shown, but I only got to see one of them. The one I saw was pretty impressive. It showed a 2-2.5 story structure with multiple 'facades'. I can only assume that the plans have continued to evolve since this was first submitted.

The commission seemed to base it's decision on whether the rezoning was genuinely compatible with the master plans for the area, and not so much on this particular submission. Both the neighbors and the commission desired to place restrictions on the design, such that what was shown would in fact be built. Unfortunately since the area is not in the Design Approval area, that was not an option.

The two neighborhood associations (Hampton-Pinckney and Heritage) both formally opposed the rezoning and the CON neighbors speaking outnumbered the PRO neighbors 2-1.

The next hurdle for Sphinx will be getting Zoning Board of Adjustments to approve an exception for a gas station to operate in a RDV (Redevelopment) zone. I think that will be the more difficult task for Sphinx, as opposed to last night's approval.

I personally am more impressed with the plans than I was previously, but I think the Design control area needs to expand to include more territory if parcels such as this are currently excluded.

If Sphinx builds what they have shown and it is successful, I think it will be a positive addition. My remaining fear is that one or both of those things doesn't happen. In that event this could evolve into a negative or at least not-positive addition.

Thanks for the update! Your assessment of its impact seems very fair, and its impact will (like you say) remain to be seen-- which, I guess, is the tricky part of approving something like this.

Spinx seems to be trying hard with this site. I've not been impressed with their proposal for Laurens Rd, their site design for the new Golden Strip location, or what I'm hearing about their plans for Augusta Street @ Old Augusta.

I second your thought on expanding the DRB's area of influence.

A national energy company will be moving into downtown Greenville this summer that currently has no presence in the southeast. stay tuned.

Great to hear. :) Hopefully they take up a lot of office space and have a good number of employees.

Great to hear. :) Hopefully they take up a lot of office space and have a good number of employees.

They'll fill a substantial amount of space, but they will only grow. We'll be their Southeastern presence and really only presence east of the Mississippi.

Edited by scgubers

A transportation company recently opened its first Southeast regional sales office in the "Falls Building" (is this Falls Place?) on South Main Street. Expect approximately 10 new positions to be added to the 4 current positions. Not a major impact, but positive nonetheless. The business is currently contracted to transport parts to the GE plant in Greenville.

Source: https://www.gsabusiness.com/news/44059-transportation-firm-opens-regional-office?rss=0

Edited by Skyliner

This is a fairly juicy rumor!

With no idea of how much space they'll need, I wonder if they'll be filling immediately available space, or could this be the spark for Phase III of One, or at least taking up some of the additional available floors of Phase II? After their move/consolidation, Windstream's space will be available soon, right?

This is a fairly juicy rumor!

With no idea of how much space they'll need, I wonder if they'll be filling immediately available space, or could this be the spark for Phase III of One, or at least taking up some of the additional available floors of Phase II? After their move/consolidation, Windstream's space will be available soon, right?

I know where they are going, but cannot say, they'll be filling immediately available space. Around 20,000 square feet.

Thanks for the info. My guess would be the space Windstream is leaving at Main and Washington, but I guess we will find out.

Not quite. They'll be in the CBD in the heart of downtown though.

That's fantastic! Greenville seems to be doing very well with downtown office space as of late. I hope this trend continues!

Unfortunately, it looks like another company will be moving out to make way for this one. Hopefully the company will stay downtown after they vacate the space.

Edited by citylife