New Greenville developments

gs3

Well, that's not good scgubers. How did that happen? Bankruptcy?

So, they'll be going in the Terrace at Riverplace, replacing the Bounce Agency's old space?

Nope. This is a different company in a different location that went under sadly according to the info I am receiving.

Edited by citylife

Well, that's not good scgubers. How did that happen? Bankruptcy?

If we're talking about the same company then one of us is wrong, I'm nearly definite about where they are going.

Nope. This is a different company in a different location that went under sadly according to the info I am receiving.

Okay...there seems to be a mix up going on here. I am hearing through my sources that the company will locate at Wells Fargo Place downtown and Resurgent Capital is moving out to make way for them: Please be aware that my sources could easily be wrong and scgubers could be right though which I actually hope is the case here.

Edited by citylife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tear that sucker down!

Tear it down! Or do the most dramatic reuse yet seen in Greenville. This could be a huge help towards extending Main Street activity farther down Broad. This land and the parking lot across from Broad to it lie in the center of Main Street and the west end. I hope that someone snaps it up and plans a development with multiple phases and some height.

Where is Greenville News moving to?

Tear it down! Or do the most dramatic reuse yet seen in Greenville. This could be a huge help towards extending Main Street activity farther down Broad. This land and the parking lot across from Broad to it lie in the center of Main Street and the west end. I hope that someone snaps it up and plans a development with multiple phases and some height.

Where is Greenville News moving to?

According the article, they're not sure of their plans at this time, but they may just lease back space in their current building...

It's disappointing to see that the distribution facility is not a part of the listing.

I'm sure I'm the odd man out, but I'd like to see a redevelopment plan that saves a small fraction of the 1968 design. Saving something like two bays (3 columns and the space in between) of the current building at the corner of Main and Broad, while demolishing and redeveloping the rest would be great, IMO. It may not be the most beautiful building to many, but it's a great example of that design era-- something that if lost, we will never regain.

According the article, they're not sure of their plans at this time, but they may just lease back space in their current building...

It's disappointing to see that the distribution facility is not a part of the listing.

I'm sure I'm the odd man out, but I'd like to see a redevelopment plan that saves a small fraction of the 1968 design. Saving something like two bays (3 columns and the space in between) of the current building at the corner of Main and Broad, while demolishing and redeveloping the rest would be great, IMO. It may not be the most beautiful building to many, but it's a great example of that design era-- something that if lost, we will never regain.

I agree. I think it would be cool to keep part of that era alive. I think part of the facade could be kept and then they completely redo the rest of the building. Maybe they could add some color to it.

Looks like a new retail building with several small tenant spaces within it is planned for Grove Road at Augusta Street: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2012/AUGUST/BoardofZoningAppeals/08-16-2012/V-12-161-1400AugustaStreet.pdf I love how the developer is planning to have the building built up against the street with parking located in the back and on the side.

Edited by citylife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A national energy company will be moving into downtown Greenville this summer that currently has no presence in the southeast. stay tuned.

This is a fairly juicy rumor!

With no idea of how much space they'll need, I wonder if they'll be filling immediately available space, or could this be the spark for Phase III of One, or at least taking up some of the additional available floors of Phase II? After their move/consolidation, Windstream's space will be available soon, right?

Not a rumor anymore. Job listings now up: https://www.sempra.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=644 201 Riverplace at Suite 4 is the address. Good work scgubers. Glad to see you were right and I was wrong. :)

Edited by citylife