New Greenville developments

gs3

How shortsighted of the developer. This is a travesty. As one of GV's first shopping centers from the early suburban era, this place has charm. Most cities have saved these type of centers and populated them with upscale or at least trendy stores....think Rice Village, Cameron Village or even Friendly Center, which kept the old portion, and added new beside to extend the retail area. I certainly hope the city doesn't allow this to happen, but as what seems to be happening lately, I sure it will be allowed....shortsightedness seems to be in vogue in Greenville lately.

Be gone demon. Lol. You're in Dallas now, big city. Leave this small city stuff to us small city folk. Your interest is Dallas now. ;)

Their lease runs out in March and probably will not renew. So to answer your question, soon. Word is Academy is looking to open a store on Wade Hampton and they are looking at the K-Mart site.

Well I was half kidding...although I couldn't imagine it surviving much longer so not surprised to hear that. Academy would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned the Lewis Plaza redevelopment to a few people in the Alta Vista neighborhood and they were surprised, as they hadn't heard anything about it.  I couldn't get the Colliers page that was linked in an earlier post to come up.

Is this a "definite" project or just a tentative plan?

They're not renewing leases, I've heard. So, I'd say it's pretty definite. 

G-man, I'm trying to connect the dots between your two most recent posts here. Is PSA going to replace GattiTown or is it going to be new construction next to Twin Peaks or...

I am pretty sure they are two separate developments. PSA is going where Gatti-Town currently is replacing it according to their Facebook page. I imagine a new restaurant is going next to Twin Peaks. Sorry for the confusion. :thumbsup:

Edited by gman430

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the Krispy Kreme on Pleasantburg earlier today and heard from one of their associates that they are opening another location here in Greenville. I went to the website and sure enough they were right. I saw this: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=KRISPYKREME&cws=2&rid=740 

Just wonder if someone know more about this.

• 2 weeks later...

The Quality Inn at the intersection of Pleasantburg and I-385 has closed.  The property is fenced off, the façade has been removed, the A/C units have been removed, and there are chairs laying in the parking lot.  Is it going to be demolished?

The Quality Inn at the intersection of Pleasantburg and I-385 has closed. The property is fenced off, the façade has been removed, the A/C units have been removed, and there are chairs laying in the parking lot. Is it going to be demolished?

It is slated to be demolished to make way for QuikTrip.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...