New Greenville developments

gs3

Cancer Survivor Park to be built in downtown Greenville along the Reedy River now moving forward: http://www.gsabusine...edy-river?rss=0 :thumbsup: You can read more about the future park here: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2011/MAY/Formal/5-23-2011/Item15a.pdf

This is moving forward: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/47836-cancer-survivors-park-coming-to-downtown-greenville?rss=0

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, I should've been more specific. I think the old K-Mart in Greer on Wade Hampton will be Kohl's. But I was talking about the old K-Mart in Taylors on Wade Hampton,

I guess Wade Hampton is just littered with old K-Marts.

I am hearing Kohl's will be going into the Taylors old K-Mart location. 

How is K-Mart even in business?  Every time I drive by one of their stores, the parking lot is sparse.  I guess their rents are cheap.  Aren't they owned by Sears (another company I am surprised is still in business)?

A common misconception. K-mart owns Sears. Not sure if either will last another decade. 

Would love for some new retail development from Wade Hampton High towards downtown/Stone Avenue on Wade Hampton Blvd. 

• 2 weeks later...

That is not Taylors, that is Greenville.

Actually, it isn't Greenville, either. That location falls in the area between the eastern Greenville city limits (as depicted on the Greenville County WebMap) and the western boundary of the area generally but perhaps unofficially understood to be "Taylors" (as depicted on Google Maps), though somewhat closer to Greenville.

Actually, it isn't Greenville, either. That location falls in the area between the eastern Greenville city limits (as depicted on the Greenville County WebMap) and the western boundary of the area generally but perhaps unofficially understood to be "Taylors" (as depicted on Google Maps), though somewhat closer to Greenville.

The address for the old K-Mart is Greenville. Not in any city limits, but like thousands of Greenville addresses.

The address for the old K-Mart is Greenville. Not in any city limits, but like thousands of Greenville addresses.

Postal addresses are arbitrary and generally less relevant than physical addresses. My home has a Simpsonville mailing address, but when people ask me where I live, I tell them I live on the east side, as that is more informative.

The sign for Sky Zone trampoline park is up on Laurens Road in the old Sports Authority space.  The doors were open during construction and we stuck our nosey heads in - everything is coming along nice. Saw the big pit full of foam blocks, trampolines at 45-degree andgles and vertically creating some really bouncy-type walls. Kind of like the padded cell I should be in, but have to date eluded. :shades:  

ANYWAY, One gentleman working in the space said it should be open in "a couple of weeks." 

Hey, I'm an old fart, and this place looked really cool even to me.  The young whippersnappers are gonna love it.

• 4 weeks later...