New Greenville developments

gs3

The first project will be located at the site of the former Travel Inn on Wade Hampton Boulevard.

A multi-family developer Robert Johnston intends to purchase and redevelop the property. The proposal includes three, three-story buildings with one- and two-bedroom apartments.

Many of the apartments will include balconies with great views of downtown. According to a release by Greenville City Council, the estimated rent will likely be between $850 and $950 a month.

The first project will be located at the site of the former Travel Inn on Wade Hampton Boulevard.

A multi-family developer Robert Johnston intends to purchase and redevelop the property. The proposal includes three, three-story buildings with one- and two-bedroom apartments.

Many of the apartments will include balconies with great views of downtown. According to a release by Greenville City Council, the estimated rent will likely be between $850 and $950 a month.

Wait, we have another apartment complex coming DT?

Are we having one daily now? lol

Looks like Stadium Apartments may happen after all. Sign today on the site advertising them.

That would be awesome! That portion of the West End could really benefit from the spin off development of 400 Rhett combined with this. Mostly, it would be nice to see more affordable restaurants and bars. Retail is always a perk. I hope it happens!

I have a spreadsheet at home. I can post later. The proposed/uc total is between 1500 and 2000, as i recall.

Under Construction:

98 McBee    55

400 Rhett   150

Proposed:

Croft West End   98  (up to 110)

Stadium            100

Church & University  348 

Stone & Rowley  51

Stone & Main    226

River Street      144

Gateway           200

Westfield          300

Scott Tower      197

Already Completed:

Wells Fargo         22

233 N. Main         24

McBee Station   198

100 East              48

Riverwalk             44

• Like 1

Anyone care to rank those in their opinions of likeliness to happen... from 5 very likely to 0 highly unlikely. I would think some of those would end up falling through with all the recent announcements. That is 1676 units proposed. You would think Greenville could support it in the future, but can it over the next 12-18 months?

I guess its whichever developer has the biggest pockets to push things through will ultimately get built..

Figured Id add the hotels...

Started

Aloft @ ONE (125 Rooms)

Planned/Announced:

Homes 2 Suites @ N. Main/Elford (150 rooms)

Embassy Suites @ Riverplace (156 Rooms)

Indigo (Rumored Brand) @ River St. (120-140 rooms)

Rumored:

JHM @ Spring/Washington (TBD Roms)

Rumor on the JHM front - AC Hotel by Marriott.

Figured Id add the hotels...

Started

Aloft @ ONE (125 Rooms)

Planned/Announced:

Homes 2 Suites @ N. Main/Elford (150 rooms)

Embassy Suites @ Riverplace (156 Rooms)

Indigo (Rumored Brand) @ River St. (120-140 rooms)

Rumored:

JHM @ Spring/Washington (TBD Roms)

Rumor on the JHM front - AC Hotel by Marriott.

The two rumored one as one in the same.

Under Construction:

98 McBee    55

400 Rhett   150

Proposed:

Croft West End   98  (up to 110)

Stadium            100

Church & University  348 

Stone & Rowley  51

Stone & Main    226

River Street      144

Gateway           200

Westfield          300

Scott Tower      197

Already Completed:

Wells Fargo         22

233 N. Main         24

McBee Station   198

100 East              48

Riverwalk             44

I left out some developments that are not official or we know little about (North Main Bilo redevelopment potential and the Westfield Apartments) and then I also left out the Croft apartments due to their idle nature. I also did not include recently completed projects (100 East, Greenville One phase I & II, etc). What is mapped are only developments that are under construction at the moment or recently proposed. I included some commercial projects (Film House, Markley Terrace, and the hotels that I could think of). It's not a perfect graphic, but it gives an idea of the direction of development in downtown Greenville. It's interesting to consider.

post-3484-0-30010000-1390692239_thumb.jp

I left out some developments that are not official or we know little about (North Main Bilo redevelopment potential and the Westfield Apartments) and then I also left out the Croft apartments due to their idle nature. I also did not include recently completed projects (100 East, Greenville One phase I & II, etc). What is mapped are only developments that are under construction at the moment or recently proposed. I included some commercial projects (Film House, Markley Terrace, and the hotels that I could think of). It's not a perfect graphic, but it gives an idea of the direction of development in downtown Greenville. It's interesting to consider.

1greenville0.jpg

Nice work. You could also include the latest phase of Ridgeland at the Park, which is currently under construction.

Nice work. You could also include the latest phase of Ridgeland at the Park, which is currently under construction.

That's true, thanks! Didn't even think about that one. I just realized that I place the McPherson Park tag too far south. That's Springeood Cemetary. Whoops. I have some editing to do...

• 3 weeks later...

from the Greenville News:

Greenville city planners are recommending against a North Carolina developer’s plan for 109 apartments along Wade Hampton Boulevard.

Johnston Properties Inc. of Greensboro seeks city approval of its design for a three-building complex that would be called Chartwell Apartments at the corner of Wade Hampton and Brookside Circle, according to paperwork on file at City Hall.

The 5.6-acre development site at 755 Wade Hampton Blvd. is next to the Brookside Gardenslb_icon1.png senior apartment community.

In a report on the development plan, city planners raised questions about landscaping, lighting, crosswalks, screening, rooflines and other matters, and recommended that the Planning Commission deny the developer’s request.

A representative for the developer couldn’t be reached.

The Planning Commission is scheduled to take up the matter on Feb. 27.