New Greenville developments

gs3

• 3 weeks later...

Be keeping an eye on the G-News website this morning. ;)

Interesting conceptual site plan. As I said earlier, architectural design will be most critical. Do we want a cluster of high quality buildings that will enhance Falls Park for several generations, or will the city settle for mediocrity and another fading trend?

Interesting conceptual site plan. As I said earlier, architectural design will be most critical. Do we want a cluster of high quality buildings that will enhance Falls Park for several generations, or will the city settle for mediocrity and another fading trend?

Are you referencing a particular project?

• 2 weeks later...

I have always thought that that block encircled by Westfield, Gibbs, Martin, and Riley Streets would perfect for redevelopment. Now with the tennis complex and park to the West, when it does happen, and everything downtown coming that way. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more of the like in that neighborhood.

Developer Rick Thoennes Sr. has applied for a land development permit to put 53 condominiums in two buildings along East Park Avenue near the intersection with Stone Avenue and the Park Avenue Pub.

Each building would have four floors of condos over parking, according to plans on file at City Hall.

The proposed complex at 450 East Park Avenue would include a pool and fire pit, according to the application to the Greenville Planning Commission.

Edited by gman430

Developer Rick Thoennes Sr. has applied for a land development permit to put 53 condominiums in two buildings along East Park Avenue near the intersection with Stone Avenue and the Park Avenue Pub.

Each building would have four floors of condos over parking, according to plans on file at City Hall.

The proposed complex at 450 East Park Avenue would include a pool and fire pit, according to the application to the Greenville Planning Commission.

Aren't there office buildings in that present location?

Their info comes from a series of sources. My guess is that they are pretty reliable.

After reading the list, they all seem feasible and likely to happen except for maybe the monorail. That one is all dependent on who is building it and where the financing is coming from. My guess is it will be a PRT (Morgantown, WV) rather than a true monorail system like you see at Disney World. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

http://greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2015/JANUARY/PlanningCommission/01-22-2015/MFD-15-42-450EastParkAve.pdf

I just looked at the plans. All im gonna say is, "why?" This thing will stick out like a sore thumb. There is nothing. And i mean nothing like this nearby. The closest thing is the condos near cleveland park in a neighborhood setting. The mix match of roof lines is just... I dont know what to say. If it were me and i did do something in that neighborhood Id keep the design similar to whats already there. Wtf were they thinking.