gs3

New Greenville developments

On 7/10/2019 at 10:22 AM, gman430 said:

Building permit issued for Woodside Mill. Over $37 million.

Construction now well underway. Drone pics coming later today. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

Building permit ($702,000) issued for same building as Zoe’s Kitchens and Starbuck’s in front of Trader Joe’s. 

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

Building permit ($702,000) issued for same building as Zoe’s Kitchens and Starbuck’s in front of Trader Joe’s. 

would this have anything to do with the beauty salon/supply place that's in between the two where the mattress store used to be?

38 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Has there been any discussion on this?

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/new-multifamily-development-proposed-along-the-swamp-rabbit-trail/

Sounds like a great project coming from the same developers of The Greene with construction poised to start by year end

Yes: https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/23747-pete-hollis-gateway/page/12/#comments

Woah. :shok: That’s the TWO mixed use development proposed by Bob Hughes. 

Edited by gman430

Despite what critics might say, I’m a huge fan of this design. It doesn’t scream modern at the street level, but the top floors are absolutely awesome. 

• Like 3

Would the existing building come down at all? Or would the existing building be remodeled with the addition of the top part? 

Edited by Den2Gvl

Considering the existing building is 2-3 stories, I would imagine it’s all coming down since the rendering shows the base being four floors. Would be an extensive (and perhaps expensive) renovation and expansion otherwise. 

I would doubt the existing building is structured to add floors above so would have to come down to construct this.  I think it looks awesome.  

• Like 2

That's quite a beautiful building! The massing is really nice, and just interesting in general. Hopefully Hughes moves forward with this study...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

So....when will the tower crane be erected?  :D

Right haha I don’t even need anything constructed for a few years but the crane must be erected tomorrow:tw_sweat_smile:

Edited by GVLover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

How many floors? Appears to be at least 15...

I counted 11 on multiple renderings.

1 hour ago, GVLover said:

Interesting conceptual design for Rome Office HQ, where ChartSpan is currently located. Considering ChartSpan is expanding (upwards of 500 people if my memory serves correct), I wouldn’t totally be surprised if this goes beyond conceptual design. 

Link for more information and renderings:

http://romeoffice.us/#/eloise/

FF08F3F9-E67D-4403-B61B-704B5FC98317.jpeg

A238186D-BCD8-433E-89B1-590D653DA44A.jpeg

I like the snow pic, is he delivering snow?:cold::wub:

• Like 1

This would be a building that I can totally support from the get go. I like how the base maintains the feel of Main St but the top gets crazy and new. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sptgguy said:

This would be a building that I can totally support from the get go. I like how the base maintains the feel of Main St but the top gets crazy and new. 

Agreed. Good "outside the box" building here; something Greenville could use more of! 

Looks like at least some of the bottom portion is intended to be parking garage. I guess lobby and maybe some retail facing Main?

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.24.52 PM.png