New Greenville developments

gs3

Regarding the retail portion, this is listed on the website:

“The corner entry is reserved for a major retail tenant to focus steady activity at the intersection throughout the day.” - Rome Office

Overall, it seems like there will be one anchor tenant + additional spaces for other offices and that’s just in the two cubes. There isn’t any information available four bottom floors of the base other than Street-level retail. 

[anchor tenant in one cube, additional tenants in the other]

Whoa. The architect of this project previously worked at BIG, one of the top architecture firms on the planet. BIG-esque and Foster + Partners potentially having projects in Greenville? That’s amazing!

Edited by GVLover

40 minutes ago, Skyliner said:

But at first glance it doesn't seem that tall.  Nice complrementary design without too much compromise.

Yeah, that building would look good in Greenville. Still waiting to see a high rise proposed; something at least 300 ft or a new tallest. I am in shock we haven't seen at least one proposed during this long boom we've had. Hughes conceptual doesn't count since its just conceptual, but would love to see that one built.

29 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

That's  what I was afraid of,  just like the  30 something story residential tower. Need some of these conceptuals to work out! :w00t:

:lol: That’s Phil Hughes with the state’s tallest residential building. This is Bob Hughes. Two different developers. 

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

:rofl: @Distorted -- Sometimes I wish no one would stumble across these conceptual studies. However, I must say that I like where Hughes' head is at if he is engaging and considering such proposals for this site. 

Yeah, it's kind of like seeing all the snow clown maps the Euro and GFS throw out in the winter; showing a foot of snow but it never happens! :w00t::rolleyes::cry:

Agreed about Hughes thinking though, good someone is at least thinking outside the 6 story box! :P

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

:lol: That’s Phil Hughes with the state’s tallest residential building. This is Bob Hughes. Two different developers. 

Aren't they related? Need to get these two together and maybe they'll get into an arms race to build the biggest and baddest building in Greenville.! 

41 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Yeah, it's kind of like seeing all the snow clown maps the Euro and GFS throw out in the winter; showing a foot of snow but it never happens! :w00t::rolleyes::cry:

Agreed about Hughes thinking though, good someone is at least thinking outside the 6 story box! :P

Aren't they related? Need to get these two together and maybe they'll get into an arms race to build the biggest and baddest building in Greenville.! 

Yeah, they’re brothers. 

The Greenville News is reporting that Mauldin's mayor says an announcement regarding its city center is about a month away. I can't read the article, but I certainly hope this is a quality development. However, I'm not holding my breath. None of their investments into infrastructure improvements have been very impressive thus far, and I can't see them developing a strong downtown while continuing to sit at the intersection of what operates like two highways. Granted, there's DOT regulations to fight there, but that's not the entire story. However, the real test of wills will be how strongly they stick to the masterplan or give into someone's exceptions to simply see progress. Here's to hoping!

Edited by GvilleSC

7 minutes ago, gman430 said:

If you go on the Greenville News twitter feed and click on the article link, you can read it. ;) A private developer is going to be building the project not the city.  It’s slated to be like BridgeWay Station. 

Ah, thanks -- I'll check that out.

Well, yes -- but my point being that the City has to stick to their guns and enforce the masterplan. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone by chance have a “heat map” of Greenville providing a visualization of the major projects currently under construction and future projects that are still in the works?  

If not, is anyone interested in creating one?

I would love to see a periodically updated map of all the major projects around town to better visualize the developments being discussed on this forum. 

1 hour ago, Krugerdk said:

Does anyone by chance have a “heat map” of Greenville providing a visualization of the major projects currently under construction and future projects that are still in the works?  

If not, is anyone interested in creating one?

I would love to see a periodically updated map of all the major projects around town to better visualize the developments being discussed on this forum. 

There's a development map thread specifically for this. If I had the know how I'd give an update a try but alas... 

Maybe someone who has the expertise and time could help us out? It would be a very useful tool for keeping track and seeing the bigger picture.

• Like 1