New Greenville developments

gs3

Not totaly new, they probubly have over a dozen homes there now and many more in regualr montebello. So of the most unique homes in the upstate. They had a parade of homes there a few months ago. Last I heard they had not started any of the office or retail yet, but much of the village is in place. I would reccomend visiting it, but it is a gated community.

Click here for the Villagio di Montebello Website

DSC00412.JPG

Edited by Brad Toy

This is some great news! :thumbsup:

Clemson University announced yesterday the Society of Automotive Engineers International will partner with the school at ICAR in Greenville. SAE is the largest industry organization for engineers in the automotive industry. :)

So along with Clemson University, you currently have:

- BMW

- IBM

- Microsoft

- Michelin

- SAE

Looks like Greenville and the Upstate better buckle up for a high-speed ride into the "elite" status of select future cities. :D

I'm getting tired of hearing people in Columbia speak as though they are looking down on Greenville. :angry:

This is some great news! :thumbsup:

Clemson University announced yesterday the Society of Automotive Engineers International will partner with the school at ICAR in Greenville.  SAE is the largest industry organization for engineers in the automotive industry. :)

So along with Clemson University, you currently have:

- BMW

- IBM

- Microsoft

- Michelin

- SAE

Looks like Greenville and the Upstate better buckle up for a high-speed ride into the "elite" status of select future cities. :D

I'm getting tired of hearing people in Columbia speak as though they are looking down on Greenville. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey dont worry about Columbia people looking down on Greenville, there just mad because there suppossed to be the capital city, but Greenville is about to overtake them in all areas. Its no secret that Columbia is in the armpit of the state.

Anyone know any information about the Renaissance at the falls.  Who is building it/contractor?  What about 22 South Main.  Any news about it?  Will it be auctioned off soon??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

22 S. Main is selling traditionally, not with an auction, to my knowledge. They run ads regularly in the Journal.

Speaking of the Journal, the one out today has a couple of good articles on Dtown/West End.

Lynn Strong is dong a new facade and the old Creative Health location is getting a Women's accessory retail store. More retail, which is great.

Last night on the news they had some information about Pendleton West. I assume that the Randolph Group is the developer of this project. Anyone have information about who is building the condo project there that is scheduled to begin construction within the next 45 days. I am really glad to see this area of town being developed.

Yesterday I received the new issue of GSA Business and one of the main articles was about Keystone Properties fiight to Demolish the Kimbrell's Building. If you dont know Keystone is planning a 12 sotry office tower on McBee and they want to create a public park on Main St to access the building. This park would be where the kimbrell's building now stands.

Well the bad news in the article other than the denial to tear down the building was that reports of an underground theater are inaccurate.

That stinks, but now that I think about it, it said innaccurate, maybe that just means it will be above ground?

Anyway thought I would share. Oh also it hinted that accross McBee where Main @ McBee is going to be that the project may be tied up becuase of the demolition of the Kress building. I don't know the reason, but maybe they did not get permission from the historial preservation committee to tear it down. That is just speculation though.

Interesting... :huh: I wonder what the real holdup is. There is absolutely no reason to even consider denying such a project's approval simply on the grounds related to the preservation of the oldish (and NOT particularly attractive) Kimbrells building. :(

BTW, the old Kress building was already demolished because it would have cost too much to renovate. I don't quite understand what they mean by that statement (I haven't read the article yet). :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up, Brad. :thumbsup:

I can't invision how an above ground theater would work with such a small place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't either.

Also, the article said they will go ahead with the office building even if they haven't resolved the issues with the Kimbrell's building.

Also, Today's Greenville Journal in an article about downtown living mentioned that the old Greenville Furniture store on Main St. was being converted to 8 condos ranging in price from $700,000 to $1.2 mil.