New Greenville developments

gs3

13 hours ago, Krugerdk said:

Does anyone by chance have a “heat map” of Greenville providing a visualization of the major projects currently under construction and future projects that are still in the works?  

If not, is anyone interested in creating one?

I would love to see a periodically updated map of all the major projects around town to better visualize the developments being discussed on this forum. 

This map is periodically updated, although perhaps not complete.   Construction sites on OpenStreetMap

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What is this showing? 

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/front-row-greenville-design-review-board-november-meeting/

Greenville Design Review Board

At first glance I thought it was the Camperdown Condos but it is not the correct height or width, and the bottom corner says "Cinema 5", there's no cinema at Camperdown correct? 

Is this the Beach Quadrangle townhome project the article mentions?  :dontknow:

18 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

What is this showing? 

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/front-row-greenville-design-review-board-november-meeting/

At first glance I thought it was the Camperdown Condos but it is not the correct height or width, and the bottom corner says "Cinema 5", there's no cinema at Camperdown correct? 

That’s the Camperdown project. Deca Camperdown to be exact that’s referenced in the article. And don’t ever say never about the cinema. 

Edited by gman430

19 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

What is this showing? 

UBJ/Greenville Journal notoriously has used outdated and occasionally completely incorrect/unrelated images in its publications.  This appears to be an older rendering of the Camperdown project.

Being in town over the holiday, it was great to see all of the new construction. The visual impact of Camperdown was really fun to experience from lots of angles, including some that surprised me. Walking down McBee Ave from Publix, the entire scene to your south is so drastically different from the parking lots and single story buildings of 5 years ago. I love following Greenville’s urban growth on here, but experiencing it in-person can still surprise you. 

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, GVLover said:

They are developing “Elements West” and also the “Gather GVL” foodhall. Come to think of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if “Elements Eco” tiny homes are shipping containers. That said, the Instagram video also said that “Gather GVL” has been postponed from April to a June opening due to both unfavorable weather + the shipping containers taking longer than expected to prefab. 

Any new information on “Elements Eco” received will be posted here. 

Drove by "Elements West" because I hadn't heard much about it lately. Looks like they have built some really neat pergola style structures on the building. Anyone have an update on the project's status?

gMLZXIjeD7qABUmA4K7Yg_4kndxPcmLJiklut8KYVVV6VwwFouF5Y0yBiT9MaT4qxTKNeexUeoThsehXNS5TOVnG2k0S9q4tVB-RY8xTTWbT82NqyOpFKBpoz64ql0k5qMdTNEImW3sPDHxIFsLfEl_oKr19qoex3pzZzHppbMs6UHzuhwKGfX575A9uShAjALB6mbYyTnS10qklZflXBFcb0fZJIFK6btbwqIX9hk7I8IFIgW5s1oxPY9QMITTob0-bc-V2v2PpDsMrl1QXRtCg5Lk4XBf6gDlHbFs_G1psh5FXm2QqJ0L3qeiJwLhfRNv6kroIpYuB1XR4k2tGg-IoZdgIknipOmnFNSxpbrs1oll6qz-8n7_acE4THwAhY0xOvszh-A8kmSzX8026RcwIfhh6urUEvUN0TLqaNVvol6lGP-OUzrIQDmrmjXqgFer9s7XbLK7mhYhRSu4lsa1R-pJ6ntZEv2otdmM9e8U-j-uDh7BuLaG41pHyLPABQTWVDZbJmDKmOlvI_l5GbYRnm1Nk49XxQMJE41jrTBZMVRaoVSJRNMCDo9qZQqsJsOM1-1Bg8bgiLpChLmHMYpjqVok_n2uaGsKdT_yQiv8LY1w7kAcK2cBTLAGXNJ6F4a67kNmn-ON34FHcBeQUEhR-e6-oRm33AmHCbhCn4RQaMSoxS-FkoiA=w661-h881-no

• 2 weeks later...

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/healthcare/prisma-to-acquire/

Prisma swallowing up more hospitals; Kershaw County and Providence Hospital in Cola.  There's no way this can be a good thing, despite how they spin it. Competition is always better for the consumer or cleint/patient. I know this is not abnormal in corporate America but not a fan. I really hope Anmed and SRMC can avoid the Prisma grip. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Prisma swallowing up more hospitals; Kershaw County and Providence Hospital in Cola.  There's no way this can be a good thing, despite how they spin it. Competition is always better for the consumer or cleint/patient. I know this is not abnormal in corporate America but not a fan. I really hope Anmed and SRMC can avoid the Prisma grip. 

Yes....bad news if these 2 are acquired  as well.

1 hour ago, cabelagent said:

Yes....bad news if these 2 are acquired  as well.

Unfortunately the way the Affordable Care Act and other healthcare initiatives have been structured the only way to survive long term is to acquire assets and get big. Small hospital systems are gonna be extinct.

4 hours ago, olrob said:

Unfortunately the way the Affordable Care Act and other healthcare initiatives have been structured the only way to survive long term is to acquire assets and get big. Small hospital systems are gonna be extinct.

But if you like your hospital, you can keep your hospital! :w00t:

Edited by distortedlogic
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Anmed is awful and needs to be swallowed up. Recently let my co-worker's wife sit in the waiting room for hours with pancreas issues. By the time they got to her sepsis had set in and she passed away. I wouldn't step foot in that hospital.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Mayor White posted an Instagram photo of the new steps down to the river at Camperdown, discussing the improved connection to the Liberty Bridge and the Grand Bohemian. He also included a cryptic teaser: "watch for even more changes to that side of the river!"

Project Spruce on Wyche site.

• 1 month later...

Snooping around online, I thought this was a pretty comprehensive and remarkable list of completed projects (hotel and residential) downtown over the past several years. Check out the flier here: https://www.greenvilleeconomicdevelopment.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/200-East-Board-portion-76399-sf-compressed.pdf

• Thanks 1