New Greenville developments

gs3

1 hour ago, GVLover said:

Not exactly a development, but yet another water main break downtown likely due to current infrastructure not being able to support such an explosion of recent growth. 

https://www.wyff4.com/amp/article/downtown-greenville-water-main-break/39185982

Explosion? :lol: You need to get out more and visit cities like Austin and Nashville if you want to some real growth downtown. Hopefully these water main breaks don’t cause the city to issue a moratorium on new development downtown. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, GVLover said:

Does anyone know if Hotel Hartness is actually under construction or not? I feel we’ve not heard nearly as many updates as we should on this one. 

It shows on the county GIS imagery, probably from early this year (near 130 Halston Ave).   Appears to be active construction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Conceptually I think the design looks great.  I love residential communities with various housing options. Pleased with the swamp rabbit connection as well.  Would've liked to see some of the town homes be for sale to provide more options and perhaps some stability to the neighborhood, but alas...

This comment was a little interesting in the Q&A:

Comments about adjacent apartment complex and potential negative impact on this development

o Understand the concern but feel as though that’s not a major issue and also believe that apartment complex will not be around for much longer

Edited by NewlyUpstate

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like staff is recommending to proceed with this plan with some minor edits to materials and design details

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/9898?fileID=54385

There's been a lot of noise/NIMBY activity by local residents on social media about this project. I even believe there is some sort of petition going around, so expecting lots of comments from the public.

Sort of separately (but individually I thought this would address many of the locals concerns), I think Cleveland St in this area needs to be fixed and made more bicycle/pedestrian friendly. Very pleased to see this comment by the traffic engineer and it's exactly where my head was at.  In addition to the planned road diet, I'm hoping they make it easier for pedestrians to cross that stretch of Cleveland St as well.

Separate from the multi-family development project, the City is currently coordinating with SCDOT on a potential road diet on Cleveland Street between Southland Ave. and E Faris Rd. to incorporate bike infrastructure improvements on the street. The existing traffic volumes on Cleveland St are such that a road diet can be considered and if approved by SCDOT and supported by the public and City Council, would improve pedestrian and bicycle safety along the road and we would also anticipate it to help calm traffic on the road. The proposed multi-family development project would not change our proposed plans for the bike lane improvements on Cleveland St.

Additionally, the future connection to the apartment complex just next to it (Andover Park) leads me to believe there is definitely plans in the pipeline to redevelop that property as well.

Edited by NewlyUpstate
  • Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 6:11 PM, vicupstate said:

817 Cleveland Street

I imagine there is going to be NIMBY pushback on the multi-family building or maybe the entire project, but this is not unreasonable to me at all.    

Deferred to September by Planning Commission. Residents concerned with traffic.

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...

The large wooded site between Frontage Road and Patewood Drive across from Bon Secours and Prisma Health has sold and will be going to the Planning Commission at the next meeting for approval. Curious to see what is planned. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

The large wooded site between Frontage Road and Patewood Drive across from Bon Secours and Prisma Health has sold and will be going to the Planning Commission at the next meeting for approval. Curious to see what is planned. 

https://buildout.com/docs/documents/2482373?token=b933d6a1527826423bf5cca4b8560db6bc333f82

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of the projects including the Cleveland Street one and annexations on the Planning Commission agenda got approved: 

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/business-news/greenville-planning-commission-approves-several-annexations-affordable-housing-and-multi-family-developments/

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2